Graphics
Gigabyte GV-N550D5-1GI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Call me thick or whatever, but I just made my USB stick with unibeast. In the instructions it said to get an 8 gig minimum so I got 16 gig . Unibeast appears to have only a couple of 100 K of files on it. I thought it would have had lion on it as well but i'm not clear on this. I will be installing onto a new system so if lion is not on the USB where does it come from???
I sure I'm just a bit thick here and It will all come out in the wash. It would be nice to know however.

Thanks in advance

John

You have to download Lion from the App Store. If you've already downloaded it once, you can do it again for free. To do so, launch the App Store and option-click the Purchases tab. An "Install" button should appear next to Lion. Click it to re-download the installer. You can use this option-click-Purchases trick to re-download any purchase, not just Lion. I would make a copy of the Lion installer before you make your thumb drive..just for backup. After that, you should be able to use UniBeast to make your bootable Lion drive.

Hi,
I have followed the instructions on boots blog on how to make a usb drive using unibeast 1.4
I have a file called Install Mac OS X Lion Application.app size 4.2 gig in my applications folder.
I run unibeast exactly and follow all the steps.The whole process takes about 30 seconds.
I am told the software was successfully installed.
I know lion must go on the usb stick other wise either the downloaded lion or the apple thumb drive wouldn't be needed. As get info on the USB tells me there is only 50.8 meg on the drive then where is Lion.
The only files on the USB are a file called boot and three folders called Library, tmp and use.
What am I doing wrong.
Thanks for your patience with me,

John

zoablive said:
Hi,
I have followed the instructions on boots blog on how to make a usb drive using unibeast 1.4
I have a file called Install Mac OS X Lion Application.app size 4.2 gig in my applications folder.
I run unibeast exactly and follow all the steps.The whole process takes about 30 seconds.
I am told the software was successfully installed.
I know lion must go on the usb stick other wise either the downloaded lion or the apple thumb drive wouldn't be needed. As get info on the USB tells me there is only 50.8 meg on the drive then where is Lion.
The only files on the USB are a file called boot and three folders called Library, tmp and use.
What am I doing wrong.
Thanks for your patience with me, John
Reformat/partition your thumb drive with the first partition 8.0 Gb and the second partition the rest of the drive. Then try running UniBeast again and make sure you select/check the Lion Download box. On the second partition, I would suggest copying MultiBeast, show all files, KextBeast, and any other apps you would like to install. This gives you a repository of useful apps without having to download them every time you re-install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back