Contribute
Register

iLok (fail) with hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
click the magnifying glass (upper right). type console, select, enter

what to look for?... anything that sounded bad... error, failure, timeout, things like that.

This was in the avid logs... a bunch of these. Here is just a two liner.

Pro Tools(242,0xacffa2c0) malloc: *** error for object 0x16b9b000: pointer being freed was not allocated
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
Thrift: Thu Jan 19 21:59:50 2012 TAsioLocalSocket::eek:pen() <Path: /var/tmp/com.paceap.eden.licensed/authorization> error: No such file or directory

powerpcg5 said:
click the magnifying glass (upper right). type console, select, enter

what to look for?... anything that sounded bad... error, failure, timeout, things like that.

Maybe you need to reinstall the Pace drivers?

powerpcg5 said:

OMG, what is that?
Can you explain? Or point me in the right direction?
Thanks

powerpcg5 said:

Ok I went to pace site and I see its security for.ilok.
How can I remove current driver & install this one. Whixh appears to be the same to me.

"macextsx.dmg"

I went from 2 minutes to 10 seconds load time by using a different usb port for my ILOK. Not sure what's going on there but in the rear port it loaded slower than a turtle. I switched to the front port and I'm good now. No issues, everything works as it should. :clap:

Now I'm tackling the noise issue with internal computer sound with my Fireface Sound Device and HS80 speakers. The noise is annoying but I hope to fix it with a HUMX Voltage Filter. Will see how that works.

tunetyme said:
powerpcg5 said:

Ok I went to pace site and I see its security for.ilok.
How can I remove current driver & install this one. Whixh appears to be the same to me.

"macextsx.dmg"

If anyone is still having this problem, I solved mine after days of hair tearing.

Open About This Mac under apple menu and click More Info... Click on Ethernet Cards. Look for BSD name. If the value is anything other than en0, programs such as Pro Tools and Final Cut Pro get very confused.

My problem was that I hadn't installed the onboard ethernet, so my AirPort card was set to en0. I installed the ethernet (in my case using Lnx2Mac's Realtek driver in Multibeast) and reset en1 to en0 by first removing all services from System Preferences/Network, then deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist from Library/Preferences/System Configuration. The plist was rebuilt on reboot, and voila, Pro Tools 9 opens as fast as it does on my MacBook Pro.

Hope this helps someone.

priapice said:
If anyone is still having this problem, I solved mine after days of hair tearing.

Open About This Mac under apple menu and click More Info... Click on Ethernet Cards. Look for BSD name. If the value is anything other than en0, programs such as Pro Tools and Final Cut Pro get very confused.

My problem was that I hadn't installed the onboard ethernet, so my AirPort card was set to en0. I installed the ethernet (in my case using Lnx2Mac's Realtek driver in Multibeast) and reset en1 to en0 by first removing all services from System Preferences/Network, then deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist from Library/Preferences/System Configuration. The plist was rebuilt on reboot, and voila, Pro Tools 9 opens as fast as it does on my MacBook Pro.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks alot for this! It really solved the problem for me. It has to be en0 for Spectrasonics products to give challenge code too, and for all McDSP Plugs on the iLok.

Its worth pointing out that the CPU runs USB, one packet at a time, whereas if you have a PCI card doing it then its handled more autonomously by the chipset. I know in Windows its UDMA (Ultra Direct Memory Access) so the OS allocates a memory space and the USB card can just get on shoverlling data to that memory address range. I can't remember whether UDMA is a hardware or software thing, however, its a common way of speeding up USB and can stop 'Cyclic Redundancy Error' in Windows at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back