Core i7-6700HQ
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I wiped and reinstalled my hackintosh to create a fusion drive using the instructions posted by neilhart, fantastic job by the way, and it seems to run great.

The only glitch I've found is that I get the "Cannot Signup - This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account" error.

If I login to iCloud.com or icloud using my Macbook Air, it works fine. Appstore works and I've downloaded Apps.

I've tried changing Serials, making sure my ethernet settings are right and a few other things I cant remember! I've wiped and reinstalled twice. iCloud used to work before I setup fusion drive.

My setup is Ga-Z77X-UD5H, i7 3770, 32Gb, GTX670. In the fusion drive I have a patriot wildfire 120 and WD 2Tb.

Any help would be great.

Cheers.

I am having the same problem.

Also have this problem. I was able to sign into iCloud by deleting the boot.plist from the boot partitions of the two drives and loading the system through the Unibeast USB. If you select one of the Fusion Drives first (it should say 'can't find') in the loader THEN select the USB it should load the system on the Fusion Drive using the USB's Chimera settings.

Not a great solution but nothing else I've tried worked. Maybe it's something to do with the UUID of the Fusion Drive?

I had this problem as well but i was in my benchmarking phase of my build. I re-installed OS X 2 times after and icloud works now. It seems that the serial number it generates has been used too often so icloud refuses to authorize the computer or create a new apple ID. Either reinstall OS X until you successfully login to icloud or you can use the a utlity (that i forgot the name to) to change your serial number of your system.

my build works perfectly fine now with a fusion drive.

The only problem i have is that when i wake from sleep, it takes a while to have a responsive system. Other than that, once its all loaded from sleep, my hack is zippy fast.

Just tried booting from the Unibeast USB with the exact same boot.plist and smbios as the Fusion Drive but without the 'rd=uuid boot-uuid=<FusionUUID>' in Kernel Flags. iCloud and iMessage working perfectly.

Is there a way to get the Fusion Drive booting without this string? Or to change the UUID if that's what's causing the problem? Don't have time to do a complete fresh install right now, but will later in the week if neither of these things are possible.

EDIT: Uhh, well. Thought I'd try booting from the Fusion Drive without that string to see what would happen and … it worked just fine. And now all the iCloud and iMessage stuff is working. Why do you even need that flag then? Try this if you're having trouble then, I guess. Everything seems to be working just fine.

Just tried booting from the Unibeast USB with the exact same boot.plist and smbios as the Fusion Drive but without the 'rd=uuid boot-uuid=<FusionUUID>' in Kernel Flags. iCloud and iMessage working perfectly.

Is there a way to get the Fusion Drive booting without this string? Or to change the UUID if that's what's causing the problem? Don't have time to do a complete fresh install right now, but will later in the week if neither of these things are possible.

EDIT: Uhh, well. Thought I'd try booting from the Fusion Drive without that string to see what would happen and … it worked just fine. And now all the iCloud and iMessage stuff is working. Why do you even need that flag then? Try this if you're having trouble then, I guess. Everything seems to be working just fine.

Thanks Aleksandr,

Are there any disadvantages to not having 'rd=uuid boot-uuid' then...anyone?

Thanks again.

matt

Thanks Aleksandr,

Are there any disadvantages to not having 'rd=uuid boot-uuid' then...anyone?

Thanks again.

matt

I don't think there are, the Boot OS X partition boots to the Fusion Drive anyway.

I can verify that my Fusion Drive works just fine without the string and also resolves the iCloud/iMessage issues.

Thank you. For me this help. After delete option rd=uuid boot-uuid=<FusionUUID> iCloud starts work perfectly :)

I am having the same problem. I removed that from the plist thing, and the Hackintosh still boots. But when it is loading the OS it flashes an error for 5 seconds before engaging the boot process.

Any ideas why that is? Other than that the Hackintosh seems to be syncing up ok now with iCloud (I am beta testing the latest 1password version 4 and it has iCloud syncing that wasn't working on the Hackintosh).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back