Contribute
Register

iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoelATX said:
Thanks for the quick reply!!! :clap:

I noticed the Bios setup is a little different, I kinda get lost in all the extra eSATA and GSATA stuff. All SATA stuff should be AHCI right?

Yes- AHCI mode- everywhere you can set it. In some of these boards it's 2 spots- and some are 3 spots. :mrgreen:

tonymacx86 said:
Yeah- this is a great and very solid combination for iBoot + MultiBeast. Just follow the guide- but don't do any updates- you'll be good to go as soon as you reboot with iBoot and run GigaBeast + System Utilities. :thumbup:

HI,
yo tuve problemas a la primera que lo intente, hice varios cambios y nada de sonido, lo resolvi borrando el file completo de "Extra" y reboot con iBoot y run GigaBeast + System Utilities, listo. :D :clap: :clap:

Thank Tony

Finished reinstall, still have sound, but orange drives, and if I try to change the display resolution, it goes black then comes back light blue with pointer I can move. No spinning wheel. Force reboot goes back to light blue screen. Boot to iBoot, then SL, I can change display resolutions and drives are back to normal.

I'm sure I'm missing just a few things.

Also can I turn on 64 bit?

:confused: Still wondering how to get my System working without iBoot DvD.
With iBoot Sound, Graphic and Harddrives work flawlessly, but no Network due to the containing driver. Network works OOTB without kext for me.
Maybe Harddrive detection works with a different boot.plist setting? Or some kext on the iBoot DvD?
Ive tried different IOATAFamily.kext without success. (Kernel Panics...)
Without additional kext i cant boot due to "still waiting for root device" error.
Any hint or tipps for me out there?
wiki.os86project tells me it should work with the right IOATAFamily.kext.

Sry for my english, its not my native language.

Last night I had some weirdness going on (lost USB ports), so for the 4th time I reformatted and reinstalled. This time I cleared the CMOS. But still didn't work right. But I my PSU had a bad switch, it was stuck in the on position, so I returned it for a new one. So I come in tonight, plug everything in to the new PSU and it works, with 64 bit. :thumbup: I still would like to be able to change monitor resolutions.

What is this... EFIStudio and the nVidia GeForce 9800 GT[G92] - 1024MB .plist and .hex? Would it help and how do I install?

Tony you rock!!!!!!! Thanks for all the work you put into this.

Hi,

this is my second post regarding my installation problems.
i am having issues with boot/sleep. currently, i can only boot into osx with iboot cd. when i try to boot through osx installed hard drive, i get to chameleon page, which is a progress in right direction, but once the boot starts, it runs for few seconds than reboots it self. running -x gets same results.

so here is my current state of installation,

hardware spec:
evga p55 le
i5 750
evga 8600 gt
1.5tb seagate
4gb ddr3
10.6.3 retail dvd

initially, using iboot method, i've installed into single partition drive(1.5tb) with easybeast/system utilities and i was getting boot:0 error

second try, i've divided hard drive into two partitions with easybeast/system utilities and got black screen. i wasn't even able to boot with iboot after that. i had to repartition using windows disk util.

Now, i've divided the partition to 2 separate partitions and installed using advanced options with system utilities
  • kexts[list:31yb4fmb]Non-DSDT systems
[/list:u:31yb4fmb]
  • Chameleon 2.0 rc4 by asereBLN
  • 32-bit apple boot screen
  • iMac11,1 [list:31yb4fmb]core i5
[/list:u:31yb4fmb]
  • tonymacx86 theme
  • osx86 software

I have sound and usb working right off the bat and i am using linksys usb wireless with ralink wireless utility which is working flewlessly.

other issues not related to boot/sleep are:

about this mac shows cpu: 2.67 unknown and memory: 4gv 667 mhz ddr2 which is wrong. i guess its a minor issues.

my computer seems to be running little hotter than when it had windows 7 installed, is this normal?

anyway, without iboot/multibeast method, i would have never gotten this far. so thank you for your hard work. now only if i can make this machine stable with boot/reboot/sleep than i can use this as my main dev machine...

thanks,

gom

I guess i have made little more progress last few hours.

now, i can boot into hd without iboot. i still have issues with sleep and sound.

here is what i did.

i've noticed that mach_kernel wasn't getting replaced by multibeast so i've deleted it and ran multibeast again to replace it with 10.0.0 Patched Kernel.
i've changed the com.apple.boot.plist to 32bit verbose.

after those changes i was able to boot into HD directly.

its kinda funny that using iboot, i was getting full usb support and sound without any extra stuff from multibeast, now that i am able to boot to HD directly, i am not getting mouse/keyboard and sound.

so i've installed IOUSBfamily and keyboard/mouse is working.
i've also installed legacyHDA and HDAenabler with ALC889 and no luck with sound so far.

i am thinking about redoing the whole thing clean with clean osx install and clean multibeast installation.

if someone could help out with sound, than i might just settle with current setup.

one last thing is that about this mac still does not identify my cpu as i5 but now memory is recognized as ddr3. weird.

thanks,

gom

You should update to 10.6.2 (or 10.6.3, but I would probably initially try 10.6.2), as you can use the vanilla kernel. I don't think the legacyHDA audio solution will work for you as it was made for Gigabyte boards using the right corresponding DSDT. VoodooHDA should work fine, though. You might get proper sleep after updating (provided you have the proper settings in BIOS and all 3 boxes checked in Energy Saver in the System Preferences), though it might require a DSDT with proper edits to work.

:clap: Real Success Last Night :clap:
I found a video on youtube, he added Kexts in steps from MultiBeast not all at once.
Below are the steps I followed...
1) Triple check bios settings, and changed the Init Display First to PEG
2) Followed iBoot steps erasing HD, installing 10.6.3 from retail DVD
3) Shut down system, and booted to the iBoot CD selecting my new install
Using MultiBeast:
4) Selected MoBo in GigaBeast and 10.6.2 AppleDHA & System Utilities.
5) Restarted via iBoot CD, Added NVEnabler, & System Utilities.
6) Restarted via iBoot CD. Added smbois.plist selecting i7 & System Utilities. Ejected iBoot CD.
7) Ran Apple Disk Utility, repaired permissions, restarted.
8) Boot to harddrive, added IOACHIBlockStorageInjector & System Utilities. Restarted.
9) Checked; sound, changing video resolutions, and hard drives icons, All working normally.
Big thanks to Tony and others for helping me go from :cry: :banghead: to :D :clap:
I still have sleep issue, but wake from power button works just fine.

Hello everybody.
Could you please help me? I need yourhelp guys.. )
I was trying to install Leo 10.6.3 image on my comp, i.e.
Asus P5Q3 Deluxe/Wifi
Core2Quad Q9400
Palit Radeon HD4850 Sonic
but I haven't succeeded. (
The problem is that the video signal disappears after some kernel text pages passed on the screen. Everything seems ok. No panic messages. I've only noticed that there's a problem loading USBEHCI or smth. My PC doesn't hang up so there's something happening with the optical drive. I've tried to wait a little but there was no result.
Safe mode doesn't help also. Same problem - my monitor shuts off.
Please, help. )

I've carefuly read all the thread and I found Bryan was having some problems with the 4850. I would like to ask Bryan to put a step-by-step guide here "how to make 4850 work with Tony's tools".
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back