Contribute
Register

iBoot just spins

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have check the burned CD and or DVD and it is the iBoot.iso file on the disc ( I burn't it the 1st time and got 2 folders and a txt file ) but have reburn't it to get only the ISO.

When I click on F9 for boot menu I get ATAPI CD/DVD ROM Drive and Notebook Hard Drive. I select ATAPI CD/DVD ROM Drive, click it and disc spins then I get Operating System not found then the flashing _

It sounds to me like the image isn't burned correctly...

That was my thoughts but I have used IMGBurn, CDBurnerXP and also native Windows 7 burning to try to get this working, suggestions?? I have looked on my Win 7 machine at the CD/DVD and only see the the iBoot.iso file on the disc

DVD RW Drive (D_) iBoot_2015-02-20_12-15-18.jpg

That was my thoughts but I have used IMGBurn, CDBurnerXP and also native Windows 7 burning to try to get this working, suggestions?? I have looked on my Win 7 machine at the CD/DVD and only see the the iBoot.iso file on the disc

View attachment 127280

It is wrong. You need to burn the contents of the ISO, not the ISO file itself.

Something like this:
DVD RW Drive (D_) iBoot_2015-02-20_12-21-48.jpg

I have done this but it just starts spinning then stops then spins then stops.. .. .. .. on and on

Attachments

• DVD RW Drive (D_) iBoot_2015-02-20_12-15-18.jpg
    DVD RW Drive (D_) iBoot_2015-02-20_12-15-18.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 117
Do I just burn the ...\usr\standalone\i386\cdboot to the disc?

Thanks RehabMan, I have seen and followed this guide BUT I can NOT get the iBoot disc to boot. As stated in the previous posts I have tried burning iBoot to a CD and/or a DVD as a ISO and also just the files ( both provided in the screenshots in the previous posts ) and it DOES NOT BOOT. This guide does not help me with the issue I am having. Either way I burn this to a CD ( ISO or files ) it DOES NOT BOOT, I just get the flashing _ at the top left hand corner of the screen. Thanks, can someone advise on how to proceed.

Thanks RehabMan, I have seen and followed this guide BUT I can NOT get the iBoot disc to boot. As stated in the previous posts I have tried burning iBoot to a CD and/or a DVD as a ISO and also just the files ( both provided in the screenshots in the previous posts ) and it DOES NOT BOOT. This guide does not help me with the issue I am having. Either way I burn this to a CD ( ISO or files ) it DOES NOT BOOT, I just get the flashing _ at the top left hand corner of the screen. Thanks, can someone advise on how to proceed.

You have to burn the ISO image.

What am I missing????? Do either of the screenshots look correct?? THANKs

What am I missing????? Do either of the screenshots look correct?? THANKs

Burning either the files or the ISO as a file will not be adequate. You have to burn the ISO image otherwise you won't end up with a bootloader on the disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back