ATI HD 3800
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there,

I am fairly new to this community, I just want to share my problem in this forum. I would say I am quite a tech-savvy myself (not a pro but I covered the basics).

I have done the preliminary preparation before encountering this problem, setting the read mode into AHCI.

Currently, I am experiencing a problem booting my installation Mac OSX installation cd through iBoot. I am using the 'CD Swapping Method'. Whenever I swap the iBoot CD to the Installation cd the computer freezes.

Initially I thought it is my keyboard problem, but when I tried pressing F5 when the iBoot cd still in the drive, it refreshed just fine, ( I know its working because I have 2 drives and iBoot logo on screen and the order changed a bit when I pressed F5), but it just not working if the Installation DVD is swapped over.

Then I thought it was the DVD problem not reading properly. But I tried this experiment, I pressed F5 when the iBoot cd out of the drive (when the disk tray is opened) it gave me the same freeze again!

After 5 min into the freeze a notification of

EBIOS read error: Error 0x01
Block 0x0 Sectors 0

start to pop out.

Ill try to give as much information on my system, I am running on:
ASUS P7H55-V
Intel i7 2,93 GHz
2x 2GB RAM
ATI RADEON 3800 series
160 GB Harddisk

A solution would be appreciated,
Thanks,