Contribute
Register

I7 5960x X-99 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna try...but with the six core 5930K. I got the parts in last week, but after testing the motherboard (an ASUS X99 Deluxe) I discovered that all six SATA ports on the 1st SATA controller refused to detect any attached SATA devices. Only the four ports on the 2nd SATA controller worked properly. Before sending the motherboard back, I installed Windows only to discover a "cracking" noise after playing every sound - the louder the sound...the louder the "crackle". That doesn't exactly fit the "Crystal Sound 2" implementation described on the box!

At that point I gave up and didn't even attempt UniBeast, but I'm sure it would have failed - no Mac has this CPU/Chipset/RAM combination. I'm willing to help blaze the trail but I will be delayed two-three weeks waiting for a replacement motherboard. Until then my dream of the "Ultimate Hackintosh" will have to wait.

I refuse to touch any board larger than mATX, unless it is a dual socket one. I would love to replace my rampage gene in order to get better cpu overclockability and >32GB RAM but I wouldn't like to fall back to 6 cores ...

Has anyone done one of these yet? Looking to build a new 8 core monster. Dont wanna buy anything before I know what actually works.

Just checking in if anyone is taking the plunge in anyway? Bests

We just got ours going... It runs beautifully but we still have yet to solve the Bluetooth not showing up... We're trying everything.. It's the last thing... Everything else works fine.

I've ordered an Asus RVE motherboard but the vendor is being vague on the delivery date (10/10 - 10/28).

We just got ours going... It runs beautifully but we still have yet to solve the Bluetooth not showing up... We're trying everything.. It's the last thing... Everything else works fine.

WOW thats really good news!

What board are you using? I got Bluetooth working on 10.9.5 on an Asus X99 Deluxe. Thunderbolt 2 also!

I refuse to touch any board larger than mATX, unless it is a dual socket one. I would love to replace my rampage gene in order to get better cpu overclockability and >32GB RAM but I wouldn't like to fall back to 6 cores ...

Why refuse anything else than mATX? Is there a specific reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back