Contribute
Register

i7-3770K + GA-Z77X-UD5H Share your best practices

Status
Not open for further replies.
My machine managed a 64-bit score of 13823

The only settings recommend above that I couldn't do were the XMP Profile and Performance Enhance, one or the other stopped my machine from booting. Everything else I followed and left all CPU features as AUTO. My board is on F8.

Great work. Taking the time to test those gives great information.

I'd just note a couple things. One is that the VIA chip controls firewire, so if you want firewire leave it on. The other is that, with a 3770k one can overclock; a mild overclock is doable even with a stock cooler, and does improve performance. For example, my 3570k just gave me a 64 bit score of 14249. But that's at 4.7GHz with a fancy cooler. The 3770k and UD5H are both overclocking parts, so... yeah.

Anyway, if you do overclock, C3/C6 and C1E should both be turned off.

I'm curious about the rapid start and quick connect functions. Do these work? Similarly, is there some way to enable the GPU switching?

By some random chance do any of you seem to have problems with your mac app store and iTunes? I have this same basic build and I know this is a software issue but I haven't been able to find anyone who can give me a straight answer about this.

Thanks!

14,669 stock with xmp profile 1 ram, extreme,

15,560 OC'd to x40 with turbo ratio at x42 x42 x41 x41

15,330 stock with turbo ratio at x42 x42 x41 x41

Hardly worth the bother really, I have a feeling speedstep isn't working right but I can't really check as HW monitor isn' reporting correctly. I'll probably wait until most people move to ML then I'll have another look.

I also set my XMP at Profile 1, however, I disabled CPU Thermal Monitor, set my Vtt Pll to 1.650, left clock ratio at 35 but manually adjusted each of the 4 turbo ratios to 45. I set my Turbo Maximum Watts and Amps to 250 each and left CPUID Disabled. I installed HW Monitor's Fake SMC plugins from "Kozlek" and have found this setup to be very stable. My Geekbench scores have always been in the 16775-16925 range. They are posted on Geekbench's site, my user name is Fab13 as it is here. Hopefully these settings work for others also...

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody has experienced any issues with this hardware combo. Mine sometimes gets into a random crash and restart mood. For some reason, I am suspecting a BIOS setting. I'm on UEFI F14 and set it up according the guide that thelostswede made. Have you all had a stable system after using these settings? Thanks!

Thanks for help with the settings!

64-bit benchmark of 14387.

Just configured mine as per the above, but with:

1. Minor overclock to 4Ghz, everything else left auto.
  2. System definition set to Mac Pro 3,1
  3. Firewire enabled in BIOS (made no difference to my score if it was enabled or not)
  4. Intel VT-d disabled

My current RAM is 1333Mhz, but I have 1600Mhz stuff coming in the post tomorrow, so will update with my score to reflect that.

Been using this mobo for two weeks now and aside from some minor pain upgrading to 10.8.2 (had to disable Intel VT-d in BIOS) it's been rock solid!

Update: Installed the RAM and am now sitting at 14895 which is probably about as far as I can push this thing! Disabling C1E/C3/C6 in BIOS seemed to improve it for me, but by a marginal amount. Worth considering if you don't mind paying a bit more on your monthly energy bill :).

Update(2): Pushed BLCK to 106 and ran for a couple of days, doing some video encoding over night. Temp is OK and stability fine. 64-bit Geekbench score of 15523. Going to leave it alone for a bit now :). Love this mobo!

Update(3): Was a bit of a n00b and had my memory installed in a single channel configuration. Moved to dual channel and scored 16366

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-28 at 09.05.30.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-09-28 at 09.05.30.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 219
I had «waking up from sleep» problems using the «profile1» memory settings. When waking up osx, the keyboard and mouse would freeze for about 30 sec and 4 sec intervall.

Does somebody in here have the same problem? And if not, what kind of memory are you using?

I have an i7-3770k, the GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard with the UEFI F14 BIOS with Corsair Vengeance Blue Low Profile 4 x 4gig memory stick CML16GX3M4A1600C9.

I wonder if this problem has something to do with the memory, or the GIGABYTE UFEI BIOS?

I was able to get 15 000 flat on geekbench with profile1 enabled on 10.8.1. Updating to 10.8.2 got me geekbench of approx 14750. But without profile1 enabled, it almost drops to 14 100 under 10.8.2... So I am wondering if I can fix this issue by buying a new set of memory for my motherboard... Or if any configurations could help me puch up the limits of my memory just like profile 1 would do.[/QUOTE]

EDIT : Adding precision to Geekbench info

I had «waking up from sleep» problems using the «profile1» memory settings. When waking up osx, the keyboard and mouse would freeze for about 30 sec and 4 sec intervall.

Does somebody in here have the same problem? And if not, what kind of memory are you using?
Exact same problem with 2x8Gb 1600MHz Vengeance Performance modules in profile 1 and set to Extreme. Geekbench of 15523 enabled. Will update here with my findings after I've checked it.

Update: Removed Profile 1 and now get 15089 Geekbench - a fair drop. Also still had the 30 second lockup on resume from sleep.

Thanks to altex

http://www.tonymacx86.com/members/atlex/

He told me to disable the cpu pll feature in m.i.t. and to put back profile1; Worked! Back to 14 970 in geekbench!

M.I.T. ==> Advanced Frequency Settings ==> Advanced CPU Core Features ==>INTERNAL CPU PLL OVERVOLTAGE ==> DISABLED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back