i7-2600
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Title. Looking to run Sierra.

What motherboard are you putting those components in? That's more important compatibility-wise.

It's a lenovo motherboard, from a prebuilt PC.

Lenovo Thinkcentre m92p was the prebuilt system, which I upgraded with an i5 and the gtx 750ti.

LGA 1155 (Socket)

Realtek RTL8188EU (Wifi)

Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network (LAN)

Don't know about audio, but it's not a problem to get working as i don't care about it, I use wireless headphones.

Mostly I'm just wondering if the 750ti works in OSX, and where I could get the driver I need.

The LAN should work fine, I'm not sure about the Wifi (maybe someone else can answer that), and yes, the 750Ti should work fine with the Nvidia alternate ("Web") drivers. Once you get Sierra installed (use the standard Installation Guide - you'll probably need to use Legacy mode if your system is BIOS-based instead of UEFI) and updated to the latest version, then download and install the drivers. Note that if Sierra 10.12.2 is out by the time you are ready to install them, you'll have to wait for Nvidia to release an updated version of the drivers for 10.12.2.

The LAN should work fine, I'm not sure about the Wifi (maybe someone else can answer that), and yes, the 750Ti should work fine with the Nvidia alternate ("Web") drivers. Once you get Sierra installed (use the standard Installation Guide - you'll probably need to use Legacy mode if your system is BIOS-based instead of UEFI) and updated to the latest version, then download and install the drivers. Note that if Sierra 10.12.2 is out by the time you are ready to install them, you'll have to wait for Nvidia to release an updated version of the drivers for 10.12.2.

Thank you

Last edited:
Hey, did you managed to run macOS on i5 2400 & GTX 750 Ti?

Yeah, it'll work fine! Just follow standard procedures, and if you have a better motherboard than me it will be even easier!

if you have a better motherboard than me it will be even easier!

I didn't bought the motherboard. Do you have any suggestions for a good motherboard (for i5 2400 + GTX 750ti)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back