Contribute
Register

I really need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the extra UEFI problem on my Gigabyte motherboard and cleared the unwanted ones with this method... https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.175274/ and it worked a treat although I have to say I recently flashed the mobo to the latest bios and the problem was cured. Hope this helps.
Also mine would hang on boot after a fresh install and I had to put FakeSMC.kext into the Kexts/Other/ folder in Clover on the hard disc. Don't know if that will help you though.

I just used TextEdit the last time I did it (you need to be careful with the XML tag formatting)
And also careful with 'magic quotes'. TextEdit isn't really suitable for XML at all.
If you make edits to the live EFI Clover config.plist, just make sure you back it up first.
Another way: modify the options in the Clover GUI. If it boots, run the clover-genconfig command to get a complete config.plist with all the options as used.

Unfortunately things are getting worse rather than better.
I thought to start from the BIOS problem, so I have updated it. I check the version of my mobo, v1, got the right BIOS, flash it, reboot it, load optimized config, reboot it, disable Vd-T, reboot it. (I could not find any other options for the BIOS)

Now the results is awful
Cannot boot from anywhere. Before I could boot from the USB selecting at the clover screen either the SSD (High Sierra, the one is causing me the problems) or the old backup (an SSD with Sierra, las working config). The problem I HAD was i could not boot without the USB.

Now I cannot boot even with the USB. I'll attach a picture.
I guess is a BIOS problem? It is the only thing I have changed!

Im getting crazy.

Attachments

• image_123923953 copy.jpg
    image_123923953 copy.jpg
    643.3 KB · Views: 81
Last update
I have copyed the EFI folder from my USB to the SSD High Sierra
I have changed the FakeSMC kext with the last version from the website (dated 8 of december 2017, 125 kb)
Again I can reach clover but then boot hangs here

Any ideas?

Attachments

• image_123923953 (1) copy.jpg
    image_123923953 (1) copy.jpg
    779.8 KB · Views: 71
  • image_123923953 (1) copy.jpg
    image_123923953 (1) copy.jpg
    779.8 KB · Views: 73
Unfortunately things are getting worse rather than better.
I thought to start from the BIOS problem, so I have updated it. I check the version of my mobo, v1, got the right BIOS, flash it, reboot it, load optimized config, reboot it, disable Vd-T, reboot it. (I could not find any other options for the BIOS)

Now the results is awful
Cannot boot from anywhere. Before I could boot from the USB selecting at the clover screen either the SSD (High Sierra, the one is causing me the problems) or the old backup (an SSD with Sierra, las working config). The problem I HAD was i could not boot without the USB.

Now I cannot boot even with the USB. I'll attach a picture.
I guess is a BIOS problem? It is the only thing I have changed!

Im getting crazy.

got the right BIOS, flash it, reboot it, load optimized config, reboot it, disable Vd-T, reboot it. (I could not find any other options for the BIOS)

• What do you mean by?
    (I could not find any other options for the BIOS)

Now the results is awful
  • You have uploaded a Boot screen image!
  • The good news is your computer is booting and you have reached CBM screen and booted the USB installer disk,.

• I don't think BIOS has gone bad by your Flashing.
  • You did not take any BIOS Menu screen images to upload to verify why you could not select all required options.
    • If you insert a USB Disk partitioned in GUID and formatted with FAT32 , you could save screen images to the Flash drive from BIOS screen by clicking F-12 as you view each and every screen one after the other in the BIOS Menu and expanded sub menus.
    • But to save time (for making the USB ready) use your Camera instead
Im getting crazy.
Don't get Crazy, take it easy :)
The uploaded image was about to indicate that the USB port you have inserted the disk is not allowing file transfer ( the image shot ended too soon to record the "No Entry Sign" or "garbled text" that might have come after the last character recorded)
Main causes:
  • BIOS Peripherals>USB Controller Not activated properly
  • config.plist >Devices>USB>FixOwnership no [√]
  • USB installer inserted into a bad Port USB like 3.0? Front USB 2.0?

• Just go back to the BIOS and make sure USB legacy and other USB controller options are ENABLED under BIOS>Peripherals (as per Tonymac Installation GUIDE)
  • Upload your config.plist from the USB.

Attachments

• USB .png
    USB .png
    704 KB · Views: 132
Man thank you so much to keep trying and help me, let's see who is gonna win

I'll check the BIOS and c back to you. in the mean time this is the config file

Im also wondering, since I have been reading a lot (rather than working, and this thing is costing me a lot of time already), is it possible that I am installing the new kexts in the wrong way? Im simply copying them in the target folder, is there a different process I have to follow?

S.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 171
workssssssssssss!
no sound no graphics but workssssssss
and boots from the ssd!!!!!!!
Man i dont know how to thank you

This is what i think happened, under the BIOS USB section the hand-off thing was not enabled!

If you confirm that to install kexts is only needed to copy them in the relevant directory, then I think I can figure out everything else by myslef, even graphics

So happy man!!!!

workssssssssssss!
no sound no graphics but workssssssss
and boots from the ssd!!!!!!!
Man i dont know how to thank you

This is what i think happened, under the BIOS USB section the hand-off thing was not enabled!

If you confirm that to install kexts is only needed to copy them in the relevant directory, then I think I can figure out everything else by myslef, even graphics

So happy man!!!!

I am also :).
But a lot more work for you to do.
Check uploaded config.plist with edits
Green color for editing is used for Green light ->OK
Red for warning: NOT OK; bad outcome expected
Amber is: may be OK; less likely for major issues.

getting config.plist without full CLOVER is like a knife without a handle for troubleshooting!

If you want more help, >CLOVER >Compress>upload.
If you want more help on System disk, post with images after Clover +Kext installation and graphics configuration or whenever you have doubts about the choice.
No uploaded image > no help because I am blind-folded and asked to hit the target; I have not practiced that :lol:

Attachments

• 1.config.plist_ACPI.png
    1.config.plist_ACPI.png
    259 KB · Views: 124
  • 2.configplist_BOOT.png
    2.configplist_BOOT.png
    237 KB · Views: 113
  • 3.config.plist_Devices.png
    3.config.plist_Devices.png
    188.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 4.configplist_Gui.png
    4.configplist_Gui.png
    253.3 KB · Views: 92
  • 5.Kernel &Kext Patches .png
    5.Kernel &Kext Patches .png
    174.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 6.Rt Variables.png
    6.Rt Variables.png
    214.2 KB · Views: 88
  • 7.SMBIOS.png
    7.SMBIOS.png
    196.5 KB · Views: 107
  • 8.System Parameters .png
    8.System Parameters .png
    222.3 KB · Views: 96
I am also :).
But a lot more work for you to do.
Check uploaded config.plist with edits
Green color for editing is used for Green light ->OK
Red for warning: NOT OK; bad outcome expected
Amber is: may be OK; less likely for major issues.

getting config.plist without full CLOVER is like a knife without a handle for troubleshooting!

If you want more help, >CLOVER >Compress>upload.
If you want more help on System disk, post with images after Clover +Kext installation and graphics configuration or whenever you have doubts about the choice.
No uploaded image > no help because I am blind-folded and asked to hit the target; I have not practiced that :lol:

Man you are a star. Not sure why you are helping but Im so grateful.

Yes lots of work to do as in reality I am noticing multiple things not really working.

Let's start with your advices. I did the changes you have highlighted (besides the legacy one, as I have a windows disk for the moment... told you I was desperate as I need it for work!)
But the red boxes you did didn't have any siggestions/difference from one, so not sure what are you suggesting here...

Anyway, please have a look at the whole clover folder, maybe that is easier for you?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 53
Man you are a star. Not sure why you are helping but Im so grateful.

Yes lots of work to do as in reality I am noticing multiple things not really working.

Let's start with your advices. I did the changes you have highlighted (besides the legacy one, as I have a windows disk for the moment... told you I was desperate as I need it for work!)
But the red boxes you did didn't have any siggestions/difference from one, so not sure what are you suggesting here...

Anyway, please have a look at the whole clover folder, maybe that is easier for you?
I have not checked the CLOVER yet.
This is from your High Sierra USB Installer and Not from the SSD .
Is that correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back