Contribute
Register

I read that the 6870 is a good choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm that's interesting because I am on snow leopard. I haven't installed perian yet so I will try that next. I was editing videos all day on final cut pro X and had no issues so the problem is reserved to QT

jester969 said:
Demonkey man555 said:
djzilos makes a good point. How well do the cards handle multiple displays? (my 6870 is built to support 6) I intend on having three 27" displays though. If I happened to want 6 in the future, unlikely, would all displays function?

XFX cards are known to have issues so it does not have any bearing on the rest of the 6870s.

I have only seen up to three displays since depending on the card outputs one [one DVI, one DP, one HDMI] is only going to work.

:sick:

Ok we will see I guess hahaha

Demonkey man555 said:
jester969 said:
[quote="Demonkey man555":2exrcnxh]djzilos makes a good point. How well do the cards handle multiple displays? (my 6870 is built to support 6) I intend on having three 27" displays though. If I happened to want 6 in the future, unlikely, would all displays function?

XFX cards are known to have issues so it does not have any bearing on the rest of the 6870s.

I have only seen up to three displays since depending on the card outputs one [one DVI, one DP, one HDMI] is only going to work.

:sick:

Ok we will see I guess hahaha[/quote:2exrcnxh]

:yawn: :rolleyes:

Hmm.. maybe you guys can help me? I just helped a friend set up his hackintosh, and his 6870 only works if you use GraphicsEnabler=NO. If you use Yes, the screen goes black after the boot logo and doesn't show the desktop, or it will just get stuck on the boot logo and the circle never stops spinning. With GraphicsEnabler=No Apple DVD player and some other stuff doesn't work right... :banghead:

He also insists that he wants to put in a second 6870 for a second monitor, but I don't know if that will even work...

Any help would be appreciated!

Happy new year!

Ok so upon searching through threads completely unrelated to my issue, I found a fix for the QuickTime freezing.

Deleted the following kext from system extensions folder:

AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext

Repaired permissions restarted and everything works fine.

To mrdragon... There's no logical reason to put a second card for a second monitor when this card has multiple outputs for more than one monitor

I do have a 6870 as well, with 2 Monitors on the 2 DVI Connectors, it runs very well with my Lion 10.7.2 System. Installed is it with Tonymacs Unibeast/Multibeast and DSDT, the only Thing was i have changed is the Graphicsenabler set to no, so i get both Monitor to work.

djzilos said:
To mrdragon... There's no logical reason to put a second card for a second monitor when this card has multiple outputs for more than one monitor

I completely agree, but he gets an idea and no matter what you say to him does whatever anyway.. In any case I found a few things to try to get it working with Graphicsenabler=yes, hopefully it will work so StarCraft 2 will stop crapping out after a few minutes..

I haven't been home to test it much on my end, but I read stuff about "flashing" the graphics card to add an EFI string that supposedly fixes the crashing issue but in turn breaks one of the dvi ports. You have to use hdmi and the upper dvi port. Let me know if this is what you are doing, and if it works. It would be nice to know. Also to deter your friend from using 2 cards, he should know that the power supply woud be more so he would have to upgrade his power supply too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back