i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Just wonder what I have to do it i'm not 100% sure on the process. So I go to disk utility then click on macintosh hd which is my first partition then click repair partition right? I'm not sure if that will mess up my boot loader or not. Will I have to reinstall chimera?

Defragging is pretty much a Windows only thing. Linux and Mac OS are much more intelligent about handling that. With HFS+, just reboot every now and again, and it'll go through and take care of stuff on boot.

The Verify/Repair disk thing in Disk Utility, is just for disk errors.

First of all, why would you do that ? It is not NTFS where the fragmentation is terrible, also, OS X takes care of the hard drive by itself, and if EVER You have problems with files permissions or some other filesystem related problems Repair it in Disk Utility without worry, it won't break chimera/chameleon ;)

If you have performance problems, try CCleaner from AppStore :p

try CCleaner, it deletes some junk and temp program files, so it will always free something up, but the rest of it You will have to take care of :)

willpower101 said:
Journaled Os's don't defrag. Don't worry about it.

Not entirely true, NTFS is journaled and it fragments like a mother.

I've been using OSX for the past 7 years, and in my experience, the space being taken up that you're experiencing, usually is paging info, and gets freed up when you reboot. I've had as much as 10 gigs get freed up after a reboot when it has been a long time.

Quote from Apples website (can't remember what product I was looking at I just remember seeing it) Defragmenting is done "on the fly"

Hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back