Graphics
integrated (HD4000)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I bought a Power Mac G4 400 mhz "gigabit ethernet" in 2000 for I think around US1400. I continued to use it until around 2007. I was kind of attached to my "first mac", but it was just collecting dust and taking up space, and I'm not quite that sentimental, so I removed the hard drives and put it in front of my place. It was gone within half an hour. That's a nice thing about old mac stuff, someone always seems to want it, making disposal easy. I was a good sport and left about a GB of ram and an old DVD burner in it!

You could have used the case :lol::lol:

I was pretty attached to my first G4 too...A sawtooth. When it became useful for an iTunes server and DVD player only, I gave it away. But I had (Have) a stack of Digital Audio G4s here, and, after destroying two (Waffling over whether or not I would do another case mod), I used the mini ITX H61 USB3 board, i3-2120T CPU, GeF210 fanless, an old PSU, modified i5 stock cooler (with yogurt cup around the outside to load the fan better), a new Optiarc and an old hard drive I had laying around. It's my new work machine. It makes me very happy that it looks like my old work machine. Looks stock, except from the back, where it looks like a computer. I just cloned a drive, and now my work machine looks like it has for most of that past 12 years.

Yeah, I thought about using the case for my Hack, but it looked like a whole lot of work and I'm just not that sentimental. If it were a G5 I might have gone with it. I love the look of those cheese graters!! I just think it's something that virtually no Apple product, no matter the age, seems to need to go in the landfill. Somebody will gladly grab it. There was a 90's "toilet seat" power PC macbook in a local used store for $75 a little while ago. It didn't last long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back