Contribute
Register

Hybrid ssd drive is a good option to boost my hackintosh 4730s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Probook 4730s
CPU
Intel i5
Graphics
intel HD 3000/Radeon 6470M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone can somebody tell me if is a good idea to upgrade my 500 GB hard drive for a 1TB Hybrid SSD Drive from seagate, or is better to get a SSD? The Hybrid is much cheaper than the ssd and I read some good reviews about it. So let me know what you thing is the best for my laptop. I actually running ML 10.8.3 and Windows 7. Thanks for you help and have a great day.

"Hybrid SSD" drives are not too bad. I've had one in my MBP for the past year and definitely noticed a speed difference over 7200 RPM. However, upon switching to SSD in my hackintosh build, I've realized there is no replacement for a real SSD. If you're looking to save money and boost your performance, get a smaller SSD. If money is the sole factor, the "hybrid drive" should work well!

Hi everyone can somebody tell me if is a good idea to upgrade my 500 GB hard drive for a 1TB Hybrid SSD Drive from seagate, or is better to get a SSD? The Hybrid is much cheaper than the ssd and I read some good reviews about it. So let me know what you thing is the best for my laptop. I actually running ML 10.8.3 and Windows 7. Thanks for you help and have a great day.

I'll be installing ML on a 120 GB Corsair Force SSD. Will let you know what I Think compared to mechanical.

+1 Get an SSD

looks like you have a spare optical bay, depends on how much you spend, you can get a 120/240/480/960gb ssd for main primary and keep your 500gb hdd in the optical bay.

Invest in a Samsung 840 500Gb SSD, you won't regret it! The drive is so light, when I leave the optical bay empty with the 840 in my main SATA slot, the 4530s weighs practically half of what it used to. I can finally stop killing my back bringing my laptop to school!

Okey, so the SSD I have is simple amazing. Makes the computer feel light years faster compared to the mechanical drive. Well recommended!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back