Contribute
Register

HP Z1 All in one Workstation

Status
Not open for further replies.
3dadd,

I've checked the specs of the Z1....it is using an Intel Bromolow (C206) chipset for the SATA ports and a Texas Instruments TUSB7320 chipset for USB 3.0. You can try the USB 3.0 driver for the TI chip here > http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...b-3-0-driver-3rd-part-controllers-10-8-x.html. As for wireless it is an Intel Centrino 6230, which at the moment doesn't have drivers for ML but which could eventually be part of the OSX Intel Wireless Drivers project here > http://projectcamphor.mercurysquad.com/

Middleman and 3dadd

As to the c206 - we may have to wait and see if the next version of Mountain Lion that is to be released supports these newer controllers.

This may take some time as the next refresh of the Mac Pro line is rumored to be around spring time. March / April.
And it could be later but also Apple has to refresh its Mac Pro from the G5 case design to something that the EU safety commission likes
as the old design fails to meet their current specs.
http://arstechnica.com/apple/201​3/...-pro-comi​ng-apple-points-to-cooks-comments​/

Sorry for the late reply -

When booting from USB stick , you need to make sure you are connected to a USB 2.0 port. USB 3.0 starts to boot then fails.

My systems also have a Intel Xeon not a Core i7 or i5 processor. I think the best compatibility for this machine is a unit without a Xeon. The main install issues are around getting the graphics to light up so you can complete the install.

I'm starting to look at this, now that the BIOS (2.61) has an AHCI option instead of just the RAID + AHCI.

One question I have 3dadd, was about your line: -f GraphicsEnabler=No GraphicsMode 2760x1440x32

Should it be 2560 or some number other than 2760?

I ask because, when I type that line after seeing all the possible drives (including the internals) I then briefly see the Apple logo. Within three seconds, though, everything disappears (goes black) and nothing for the next 30 minutes (or infinity).

Thanks!

EDIT: Well it does the same with 2560 (and it also does the same with My Hack): screen goes black after 3 seconds of Apple logo. Using same Xeon / K4000 setup as 3dadd in AHCI (not RAID + AHCI)

Hello everyone,
I'm starting with hackintosh with my Z1, I have installed correctly Yosemite and I'm stuck with Nvidia Drivers,
I have installed Nvida drivers correctly from webdrivers,even the CUDA ones, but when I try to use it I allways get a black screen.
I have tryied all the boot parameters explained in this tread without success :(
I have tryied changing the Hardward especification to MacPro 3,1 ; iMac 14,1 ; iMac 14,2 and I only get black before the apple logo.
If somebody have any clue, please help me, I'm getting crazy :banghead:
Thanks!

Ok, I have conected my Z1 to my Samsung TV through DisplayPort and I can see that the view is redirected to this screen,
The only way to view the login on the main screen is with nv_disable=1 flag, but with this config didn't use a good controller and I allways see a annoying refresh, Has any body know how to redirect the view to the main screen?
I have read somewhere that Z1 have 2 graphic controllers, the Nvidia and IntelHD, maybe I have to configure the Intel one but I don't know how.
Thnks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back