Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

Cool. I think it is worth a shot. I'll test with 6.1.4 -> 6.1.6 when you make it available.

I've done it already, changed the package name and the ID to CommonFiles and com.MadMax.pkg.CommonFiles and tried the same scenario (fresh 10.8.1 -> Installer 6.1.4 -> reboot -> Installer 6.1.6 -> reboot). Now both kexts are at their places. It seems this little modification did the trick.

Edit: and version 6.1.6 is up!

Try to boot with DSDT=Null, run the Installer again and create a new DSDT (nothing more). And don't forget to select the Atheros patch. Are you running your system with vanilla IO80211Family.kext?

Yes, it's pretty easy, you need only one screwdriver for the heatsink. What's your ProBook?

Not working :(. I even erased the DSDT.aml. I have to do something wrong - there is list of what I have installed an attachments.
I dont´t know which IO80211Family.kext I have but I have installed one after fresh installing 10.8.0 - since that no problem with any upgraade - just this one.

I have 4330s. Sandy bridge i5. HM65, LGA socket 988B rPGA
I have read that people have sucessfully put 2820qm into 4330s (but I don´t know if it is the exact one I have)
I have seen new 2820qm on ebay for 160 bucks from china - this seems like reasonable upgrade.. Too bad I can´t put Ivy there.
Is 2820qm be supported by probook installer?

HP ProBook Installer 6.1 (6.1.6)

Version 6.1.6 ( September 20th 2013):

- Trim Enabler is updated to version 3.1.
- Small fixes.

just updated 6.1.6 on 10.8.5 and 4x30s + usb3. usb3 works ok. except the usual sleep/wake issue with usb3.

havent noticed anything else.

other than my software update still does show/tell me i have updates for things like iphoto imovie.

running the update checker inside the app does tell you if updates available.

thx everyone.

ps. dont forget to kext rebuild repair permissions cache and ec reset.

Not working :(. I even erased the DSDT.aml. I have to do something wrong - there is list of what I have installed an attachments.
I dont´t know which IO80211Family.kext I have but I have installed one after fresh installing 10.8.0 - since that no problem with any upgraade - just this one.

Do you have a DSDT in /Extra/dsdt.aml? What did you select in the ProBook Installer? Did you select the AR9285 patch? Post /var/log/install.log to look at.

Also, you should never patch IO80211Family -- it isn't necessary.

Do you have a DSDT in /Extra/dsdt.aml? What did you select in the ProBook Installer? Did you select the AR9285 patch? Post /var/log/install.log to look at.

Also, you should never patch IO80211Family -- it isn't necessary.

This is what I have installed. I will try to get vanilla IO80211Family if I find it
Yes - there is dsdt.aml

Thank you - appreciated very much

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-20 at 5.04.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-09-20 at 5.04.28 PM.png
    147.7 KB · Views: 152
This is what I have installed. I will try to get vanilla IO80211Family if I find it
Yes - there is dsdt.aml

Thank you - appreciated very much

So, you didn't select a display type?

Post your DSDT while you work on getting an untouched IO80211Family...

Can any of you guys post patched working ML 10.8.5 kext file for PB 4540, please!
Code:
[B]AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
AppleHDA.kext
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kex
AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
AppleRTC.kext[/B]

ACPISensors.kext [B][What it for? necessary?][/B]

HSSDBlockStorage.kext < Have extracted from PBI 6.1.6
JMB38X.kext < Have extracted from PBI 6.1.6
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext < Have extracted from PBI 6.1.6
ACPIPoller.kext < Have latest from RehabMan
ACPIBatteryManager.kext < Have latest from RehabMan
IOath3kfrmwr.kext < Have latest from RehabMan
VoodooPS2Controller.kext < Have latest from RehabMan
FakeSMC.kext < Have latest from RehabMan
RealtekRTL8111.kext < Have latest from RehabMan
GenericUSBXHCI.kext < Have latest from RehabMan

So, you didn't select a display type?

Post your DSDT while you work on getting an untouched IO80211Family...

There it is.
But how is it possible that it worked well with modified IO80211family till 10.8.4? I have some Timemashine backup, but I think it is with 10.8.3. and already modified IO80211family.kext

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    45.7 KB · Views: 84
Can any of you guys post patched working ML 10.8.5 kext file for PB 4540, please!
Code:
[B]AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
AppleHDA.kext
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kex
AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
AppleRTC.kext[/B]

ACPISensors.kext [B][What it for? necessary?][/B]

HSSDBlockStorage.kext < Have extracted from PBI 6.1.6
JMB38X.kext < Have extracted from PBI 6.1.6
AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext < Have extracted from PBI 6.1.6
ACPIPoller.kext < Have latest from RehabMan
ACPIBatteryManager.kext < Have latest from RehabMan
IOath3kfrmwr.kext < Have latest from RehabMan
VoodooPS2Controller.kext < Have latest from RehabMan
FakeSMC.kext < Have latest from RehabMan
RealtekRTL8111.kext < Have latest from RehabMan
GenericUSBXHCI.kext < Have latest from RehabMan

The latest ProBook Installer v6.1.6 will automatically patch a vanilla AppleHDA present in /S/L/E.

ACPISensors.kext is a PlugIn for FakeSMC.kext. It is usually installed in FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPISensors.kext.

There it is.
But how is it possible that it worked well with modified IO80211family till 10.8.4? I have some Timemashine backup, but I think it is with 10.8.3. and already modified IO80211family.kext

Using modified system kexts is always a bad idea, especially if you have no idea what was changed, and especially when modifications are not necessary.

To get a vanilla IO80211Family.kext, download 10.8.5 from the Mac App Store. Then recreate your Unibeast USB. Now you have a vanilla IO80211Family.kext in your USB's /System/Library/Extensions. Use Kext Wizard to install it to your main partition.

Back