Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

HP ProBook Installer 6.1 (beta): Ivy bridge support

philip, have you added in the boot.plist the "DropSSDT=Yes" option too?
And please take out the "GraphicsEnabler=No" because it is already by deafault (I tried).
In the post #68 you can find my actual boot.plist that is the "new default" (revised by RehabMan).

Thanks!

OK. So now my boot.plist is like this:

Code:
        <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>Timeout</key>
    <string>1</string>
    <key>DropSSDT</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Wake</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>No</string>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Hide Partition</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>ShowInfo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>

Is missing something?

Thanks!

Done!

Nice philip. What about the Meize's Realtek driver?
Will you upload a new installer version (with all the fixes) today?

Thanks!

Beta 3 is up!

Nice philip. What about the Meize's Realtek driver?
Will you upload a new installer version (with all the fixes) today?

Thanks!

This kext needs to be tested on Lion and Snow Leopard and then it may be included in the Installer.

Ok, first test results: I made a clean 10.8.3 install in my second partition and ran the ProBook Installer 6.1b3 with the following options:

OS X Support Kexts/4x30s: ML 10.8.3
DSDT/4x30s/4230s-4530s HD3000: HD3000 Standard NewFan
SSDT/4x30s/i7 Processors: i7-2720QM
System definition: MacBookPro8,1
Optional hardware-specific fixes: EDID generator
Misc OS X fixes: Color profiles and Sleep image fix
Extra tools: Chameleon Wizard, Kext Wizard, HWMonitor (Lion and ML), Quartz Debug, Trim Enabler

I didn't selected Chimera 2.0.1, since I already have it. After the Installer run, all needed files were at their proper places, then I replaced the Extra folder with the one from my primary installation and restarted. So far everything works like it should.

Edit: the only "issue" I've found so far is my CPU is reported as a 800 MHz Intel Core i7 in About This Mac, but as we all know, this is fixable.

This kext needs to be tested on Lion and Snow Leopard and then it may be included in the Installer.

re: Meize realtek kext.

I've got a build working fine now on Lion/ML and it loads/installs OK on SL (single kext package). But does not work on SL (network cable unplugged). I think it may need different/tweaked interrupt setup code on SL. I'll work on it a little more and see what I can find out, but at this point it looks like we might have to stick to lnx2mac for SL.

re: Meize realtek kext.

I've got a build working fine now on Lion/ML and it loads/installs OK on SL (single kext package). But does not work on SL (network cable unplugged). I think it may need different/tweaked interrupt setup code on SL. I'll work on it a little more and see what I can find out, but at this point it looks like we might have to stick to lnx2mac for SL.

Perhaps we should test it as well, but I don't know much people with OS X Lion. I can install 10.7 on my second partition and test all versions until 10.7.5.

Ok, first test results: I made a clean 10.8.3 install in my second partition and ran the ProBook Installer 6.1b3 with the following options:

Philip, can you please confirm you did this with the new (March 2013 release) 10.8.3 Mountain Lion Install app from the app store? If so did you make a new Unibeast USB stick and install from that, if so what boot flags did you use? I have tried to do this but failed twice at the second Unibeast boot (ie select the new install option from Unibeast boot loader).

Pete

Philip, can you please confirm you did this with the new (March 2013 release) 10.8.3 Mountain Lion Install app from the app store? If so did you make a new Unibeast USB stick and install from that, if so what boot flags did you use? I have tried to do this but failed twice at the second Unibeast boot (ie select install to boot from Unibeast).

Pete

Realize that philip has a Probook 4x30s (not 4x40s)...

Back