Contribute
Register

HP ProBook HD Webcam & Intel HD 4000 & USB 3 & Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
with power management i mean the correct settings for each specific apple computer model

until now i followed the steps in the guide and using the common way of installing via the probook installer using using the correct set of options for the 4540 ivy ..but unfortunately without getting the 4540s to work as it should

by checking the os support kexts for 4540s ivy in al the probook installers it gave me the 64mb shared memory graphics...by unchecking it it gave me the hd 4000 graphics

i could not get a dsdt.aml out of the probook installers either :(

to make a long story short : after days of attempting it has been a bumpy road for me with the 4540s...

(with my 4530s i did not ran into any of these difficulties)

however... with the already installed (partly working) 10.8.5 i did managed to get it for 95% working now using daydangle's package for 10.8.2

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5884055/4540s.zip

the trick lays in his dsdt.aml and ofcourse the included kext finally brought sound to work in the 4540s :)

except for sleep, bluetooth and wifi and a dvd player.app crash the 4540s runs smooth and fast on 10.8.5

i will try to do some 10.8.2 testing as well and post the results here

Make sure you are using the latest ProBook Installer v6.1.6. Also, make sure you are following the guide exactly. If you are unsure on a point ask a question. Also, if you're not getting an /Extra/dsdt.aml, then you're not following the instructions correctly. Please respond with a screen shot of the options you chose in the ProBook Installer. Always be sure to start with a fresh, erased partition before running the OS X installer.

Make sure you are using the latest ProBook Installer v6.1.6. Also, make sure you are following the guide exactly. If you are unsure on a point ask a question. Also, if you're not getting an /Extra/dsdt.aml, then you're not following the instructions correctly. Please respond with a screen shot of the options you chose in the ProBook Installer. Always be sure to start with a fresh, erased partition before running the OS X installer.

i did some testing with 10.8.2 but without results...so i cloned back the working 10.8.5 and the dvd player.apps started working... only sleep and wifi/beutooth arent working yet

for now i just leave it as it is.... maybe some other time ill try to get it 100% working

thanks for all your advice

:)

Your system is pretty messed up:

This is the stage where the Installer.app tries to generate a pre-linked kernel before installing the payloads and running the postinstalls (eg. before installing anything). It can't generate a pre-linked kernel, so it fails at that point.

I recommend a fresh install following the 'sticky guide'...

Thanks !

but how to get a quick working fix for temporary solution? a pending documentation is pending :(

Thanks !

but how to get a quick working fix for temporary solution? a pending documentation is pending :(

A fresh install is fairly quick, but you could always boot via Unibeast USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back