Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 4540s [Working File]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anybody care to make sure that all these plists, configs etc. find their way into the HP Probook installer? That would be great! Thank you!

When you get "Still waiting for root device", replug the stick to the port next to it. The installer will immediately continue the process. (this has nothing to do with USB 3.0, but make sure you use 2.0)

Updated fix for “Still waiting for root device” on OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion

Here is the updated fix for 10.8.2′s version of IOAHCIFamily.kext. Don’t copy-paste everything into the Terminal at once, do it one line at a time. Pasting the whole code at once will result in the second half of the commands being used as your password at the first sudo command.

The following commands place a backup of the unmodified binary before patching it.
Updated fix for “Still waiting for root device” on OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion

Code:
cd /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS
sudo mv IOAHCIBlockStorage IOAHCIBlockStorage.orig
sudo cp IOAHCIBlockStorage.orig IOAHCIBlockStorage
sudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x4a\x00\x00\xeb\x03|\x8b\x4a\x00\x00\xe8\x01|g' IOAHCIBlockStorage
sudo /usr/bin/perl -pi -e 's|\x74\x0e\x48\x8d\x3d\x72\x92\x00\x00|\xbf\xc8\x00\x00\x00\x90\x90\x90\x90|g' IOAHCIBlockStorage
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

from Vahan's Blog http://blog.yerkanian.com/2012/09/2...-for-root-device-on-os-x-10-8-2-mountain-lion

Going to follow this thread for my first build on a SKU# C6Z36UT#ABA 4540

My working recipe for HP ProBook 4440s with i5 3360M HD4000:

01. Install with unibeast, boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, UseKernelCache=No
02. After partitioning HD in Disk Utility, umount volume, go into Terminal and
dd if=/Volumes/your_unibeast_here/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/your-disk-here
*note, this is if chameleon / chimera doesn't boot - get boot0 error
03. Remount volume in Disk Utility
04. Install 10.8.2
05. Boot system volume with GraphicsEnabler=No -f
06. Run ProBookInstaller (used ProBook Installer6rc.zip)
07. Select: OS X support kexts/Mountain Lion/10.8.2
no DSDT (built own to install later)
no SSDT (built own to install later)
no System definitions (use org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist from 4540s working file)
Chimera 1.11.1
AHCI patch (10.8.x only) - not sure I need this
Color profile
Sleep fix/Sleep image fix
08. copy org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist from 4540s working file to /Extra
09. copy DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml to /Extra (built using MaciASL+rehabman-repo and Mobile_ssdtPRGen.sh)
10. install VoodooHDA.kext from 4540s working file
10. change org.chameleon.Boot.plist, UseKernelCache=No, GraphicsEnabler=No, Kernel Flags=-f
11. check/fix kext permissions (used kext utility)

Boot into happiness.

Using USB wifi.
Next: sound (patched AppleHDA) and embedded wifi

My working recipe for HP ProBook 4440s with i5 3360M HD4000:
Using USB wifi.
Next: sound (patched AppleHDA) and embedded wifi
Can you tell me what USB wifi are you using for 10.8.2 and how it behaves?
And what you mean by next, do you know a whitelisted working wifi card or you know about someone working on a driver?
And yes you should definitely do the AppleHDA patching, the sound is so much better and it works perfectly, I did it for my probook 6470b and it wasnt to hard (you can find a link to a great guide in the 6470b thread), a bit time consuming maybe...
Thx

please up all kext working for 4540s, thanks
------------------------------------------
HP probook i5 3210M
VGA: Intel HD4000 & Radeon 7650M
Sound: HDA
wifi: Atheros AR9485

As far as the usb wifi is concerned, I'm using Asus USB-N10 dongle (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320049) and it works just great. It has a Realtek 8192SU chipset and the drivers for OS X are available both on the CD included in the bundle and on Realtek's website - http://www.realtek.com/downloads/do...n=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true
Although the website provides newer drivers than the CD, it seems they don't work on Mountain Lion - the Wireless Network Utility that it uses to connect to the network crashes on startup.
Overall I haven't had any dropped connections or any problems with it whatsoever. It does take one precious USB port but I can deal with it.
Here's how the app it uses to connect looks like: http://cl.ly/image/240x413W1h1O It's quick and easy to use.

Thank you. Your help is greatly appreciated. I'm looking to buy that adapter.

Can you tell me what USB wifi are you using for 10.8.2 and how it behaves?
And what you mean by next, do you know a whitelisted working wifi card or you know about someone working on a driver?
And yes you should definitely do the AppleHDA patching, the sound is so much better and it works perfectly, I did it for my probook 6470b and it wasnt to hard (you can find a link to a great guide in the 6470b thread), a bit time consuming maybe...
Thx

I am using a Trendnet N150 that I picked up a while back for a netbook project. Like someone else mentioned, it uses a realtek chipset. I go to the realtek website and download the installer for 10.8 or earlier.

It comes with a configuration utility where you can have profiles for the wifi.

please help me fix touchpad can't be use after wakeup, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back