Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4530s Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently darkvoid posted a patch for it in another forum while I was searching for the chip in Y50

Yes, this is why I refer to updating config.plist (I am aware of the new patch by the-darkvoid).

Anyone running the beta should be expected to investigate/find such patches, and to update from the current repo for the case the patches are already present. Spoon feeding may not be complete when you're talking about a beta...

We'll see the state of things when "Problem Reporting" files are provided.

Last edited:
In order to try to solve my wifi and audio issues I'm attaching the report of my HP4540s.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 111
In order to try to solve my wifi and audio issues I'm attaching the report of my HP4540s.

Something is wrong/corrupt with your setup. Note:
Code:
KernelCache ID: 61DD1AEDCC8D178EF12ADDFBD0916D9E
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

Also, you do not have the new patch for BCM94352 from the-darkvoid (use google to find it).

Note that your ACPI/patched is also lacking a model specific SSDT (SSDT-4x40s.aml).
Strange that it appears in your Clover bootlog though (as if you deleted it before creating the Problem Reporting ZIP, or you're booting from a different EFI/Clover than the one you attached):
Code:
3:755  0:000  Inserting SSDT-4x40s.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched ... Success

Something is wrong/corrupt with your setup. Note:
Code:
KernelCache ID: 61DD1AEDCC8D178EF12ADDFBD0916D9E
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>
Just for added insight, I too get this error when I rebuild my cache and it's not just singular it seems to be an issue with Sierra as I have it installed on two separate HDDs that I swap out occasionally and this error occurs regardless. I even rebuilt my USB Thumb Drive and reinstalled using it as maybe there was a corruption in the installer but again no dice, error still occurs.

Just for added insight, I too get this error when I rebuild my cache and it's not just singular it seems to be an issue with Sierra as I have it installed on two separate HDDs that I swap out occasionally and this error occurs regardless. I even rebuilt my USB Thumb Drive and reinstalled using it as maybe there was a corruption in the installer but again no dice, error still occurs.

Yah it's a Sierra issue. I've tested under multiple scenarios, it's no go with the cache rebuild

Yah it's a Sierra issue. I've tested under multiple scenarios, it's no go with the cache rebuild

Have you tried to rebuild kernel cache is single user? i had to do that on the first release of 10.12.

My cache is rebuilding, just not that file in particular. I'll do some more digging, but I do believe the cache is building as from what I understand Clover cannot inject patches into kexts unless they are in the kernelcache, so if that is the case my Audio and WiFi would be broke in Sierra and they are not.
Have you tried to rebuild kernel cache is single user? i had to do that on the first release of 10.12.
Hm, I haven't even tried single-user mode to rebuild, but I think this is something else, as the error is stating that a file already exists, not an overall failure of cache rebuild.

My cache is rebuilding, just not that file in particular. I'll do some more digging, but I do believe the cache is building as from what I understand Clover cannot inject patches into kexts unless they are in the kernelcache, so if that is the case my Audio and WiFi would be broke in Sierra and they are not.

Hm, I haven't even tried single-user mode to rebuild, but I think this is something else, as the error is stating that a file already exists, not an overall failure of cache rebuild.

Try booting in Single User and type.
/sbin/mount -uw/
kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
kextcache -system-caches
exit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back