Contribute
Register

HP Probook 450 G1 - OSX Mavericks Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
And mavericks on hp probook 450 g1 works fine ? Or has he any lags ? freezes ?

One known problem is with HDMI hotplug (causes reboot).

There may be others. The laptop is relatively new, and feedback/participation is low and inconsistent.

And mavericks on hp probook 450 g1 works fine ? Or has he any lags ? freezes ?

I've been running at 450 G1 with Mavericks for several months now and for the most part it runs very well.

Hardware that doesn't work
Wifi (easy fix to swap the chip)
Card Reader - somebody could write a driver/modify VoodooSDHC and eventually resolve this but I wouldn't hold your breathe
VGA - I believe there is no support for this in the Mavericks drivers so very unlikely this will ever work
HDMI - Should be supported but it's unknown what is preventing it from working. Might be resolved in the future

I made this post recently that goes into detail about the little glitches I've experienced but for the most part it's a pretty solid setup.

HDMI - Should be supported but it's unknown what is preventing it from working. Might be resolved in the future

Not that I expect it will make any difference, but you should try MacBookAir6,2 smbios. That's what I'm using on my Lenovo u430 (because of 'U' CPU), and no problem with HDMI. Just trying to think about the differences...

RehabMan said:
School of hard knocks and educated guesses...

There is the 1000 page ACPI spec: http://acpi.info/spec.htm

I was afraid you were going to say that.. :) Thanks for the reference I'll glance at it and hopefully learn something.

You nailed it -- that is a Clover F4 dump.
Looking at your F4 dump, you can probably safely drop all tables except SSDT-8.aml. It should probably be included. SSDT-0 and SSDT-1 can probably be included as well. The rest are CPU related and should be dropped. Still additional DSDT work/patches/debugging may be necessary.

Please forgive my ignorance i just want make sure I'm following your suggestions correctly... I'm looking at the Clover SSDT docs but I'm still a bit confused.

So to drop all SSDT tables use "Drop OEM" then place SSDT-0.aml, SSDT-1.aml, and SSDT-8.aml in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched?

I'm using Clover Configurator to make changes so looking at the ACPI->SSDT section should I have anything checked here besides "Drop OEM"? I've sorta learned with c-states and p-states are from this page They sound pretty important to power management and sleeping. I don't see any reference to C-states or P-States in SSDT-0, 1, or 8.. Do I need to check the generate boxes then? What about the checkboxes for specific C-states?

I was afraid you were going to say that.. :) Thanks for the reference I'll glance at it and hopefully learn something.

Please forgive my ignorance i just want make sure I'm following your suggestions correctly... I'm looking at the Clover SSDT docs but I'm still a bit confused.

So to drop all SSDT tables use "Drop OEM" then place SSDT-0.aml, SSDT-1.aml, and SSDT-8.aml in /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched?

Yes.

Also be aware that if you did certain patches in your DSDT, especially renames or removing entire devices, you need to analyse the SSDTs you plan to include to be sure they don't have declarations that go into a deleted scope, or if they have objects declared in renamed scope, that the same rename is being performed on the SSDT. OS X will just throw away SSDTs that have errors in relation to DSDT (or other SSDTs, for that mattter).

The best way to check for errors is to use 'iasl -da' to check them. Place all files you plan to inject via the bootloader into a single directory, then try to disassemble with 'iasl -da *.aml'. If iasl shows errors and can't load them all into a single namespace, neither will OS X.

I'm using Clover Configurator to make changes so looking at the ACPI->SSDT section should I have anything checked here besides "Drop OEM"? I've sorta learned with c-states and p-states are from this page They sound pretty important to power management and sleeping. I don't see any reference to C-states or P-States in SSDT-0, 1, or 8.. Do I need to check the generate boxes then? What about the checkboxes for specific C-states?

Just think of SSDTs as "extensions" to DSDT. On boot, an OS loads all of them into one data structure known as ACPI namespace. This is why they all have to be in sync as far as names, and why we must do careful analysis when we change things in any of them (or eliminate them).

Drop OEM will drop all ssdt tables, or you can use Drop Tables to drop only specified tables.

Normally, you need to check Drop OEM to drop all those cpu* and Ap* ssdt tables related to cpu, because it can cause conflict in power management. Then you need ssdtprgen to generate a OS X-compatible ssdt table for cpu and put in patched folder. If you don't use ssdtprgen, you can check the generate boxes, but I think ssdtprgen is better.

Btw, are you using GenericUSBXHCI + -gux_defer_usb2?

No guesses. I'm not inside the head of the Apple employee that made this decision.

Been thinking more about why they would make purposefully add the delay for sleeping and the only thing I can come up with perhaps test data suggests often times a user closes the lid only to open it right right back up before it completely goes to sleep. So by adding the delay it helps reduce instances where the user is attempting to wake the machine while it's in the middle of putting itself to sleep which could be problematic to stability. Also perhaps sleeping and then instantly waking is more demanding on battery life than just waiting 15 seconds to ensure the machine actually should sleep.

Curious what others might think...

I've been running at 450 G1 with Mavericks for several months now and for the most part it runs very well.

Hardware that doesn't work
Wifi (easy fix to swap the chip)
Card Reader - somebody could write a driver/modify VoodooSDHC and eventually resolve this but I wouldn't hold your breathe
VGA - I believe there is no support for this in the Mavericks drivers so very unlikely this will ever work

I made this post recently that goes into detail about the little glitches I've experienced but for the most part it's a pretty solid setup.

I had finally installed mavericks but i can't mount any usb or external hdd :( it was just clean install without kext. After i tryed install kext for wifi but it isnt work :/ can you please record a video of fully installation please ? I want hackintosh because i am very nervous of windows and i won't see windows on my machine.

I had finally installed mavericks but i can't mount any usb or external hdd :( it was just clean install without kext.

GenericUSBXHCI is used with this model.

After i tryed install kext for wifi but it isnt work :/ can you please record a video of fully installation please ?

What WiFi hardware do you have. Check in DPCIManager->PCI List.

What WiFi hardware do you have. Check in DPCIManager->PCI List.

Any alternative for windows ? Mavericks was experiment which I want use as my primary system but i need my laptop in school so i must get back windows 8. In windows i use this for wifi and everything is working Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter.I wrote in last post i want use hackintosh and delete windows forever :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back