Contribute
Register

HP Probook 450 G1 - OSX Mavericks Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope :) founded by Sergey_Galan on ru apple community. his codec with changed id working like it must. when i told about button, i mean that when changing sound via fn+ not synced with sound icon waves in tray.

this is proper kext
Code:
https://mega.co.nz/#!QFp0nTBL!OlYN1F5zD4kx3hpO4BWe8YvUw7ERw7V9fYTIZx5whac

What layout-id are you using here?

Maybe next time, take the time to write better descriptions of the problem...

as i understand it uses layout12. this is properly kext. all sound problems i told before gone.

btw i didn't created it. for now i am reading manual to create it myself.

as i understand it uses layout12. this is properly kext. all sound problems i told before gone.

btw i didn't created it. for now i am reading manual to create it myself.

My guess it is the differences in Platforms.xml.

do u mean hdmi working for u?

No HDMI is not working for me. When I plug in an HDMI cable it freezes for a few seconds and then reboots itself. When I use nguyenmac's AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.kext it only works in 1024x768 resolution and the video flickers a lot which I assume means the driver is not functioning anymore.

RehabMan how do think do we need to try differente ig-platform-id for hdmi?

--

more tests with usb3 show its not working properly. speed not evenly. often transfer stacks for long time.

found that genericusb3 not installs by default. installing it, nothing changed.

sometime fn+f12 works to open cd-rom. but don't understand how it is.

is there any difference beetwen
iasl -e SSDT*.aml -d DSDT.aml
iasl -da *.aml

In your BIOS if you disable wake on lan and USB it should ensure the system properly sleeps instead of jumping to the login screen.

Here are a few observations I've made about sleep stability on my Probook 450 G1.

1) It seems pretty successful in putting itself to sleep automatically and manually with Apple->sleep however closing the ldi is very inconsistent. I'd say maybe 50% of the time it fails to where the screen goes out but nothing responds and the power button isn't pulsating like a normal sleep mode.

2) Waking from sleep in 10.9.1 seemed to be fairly stable but has recently changed. I assume it was 10.9.2 upgrade but not 100% sure since I've constantly be futzing with things sine then. Anyway, it appears to wake just fine but then after a brief period of time (5seconds to 2 minutes) the screen just goes black and the HD trashes briefly and then nothing responds. I have to hold the power button down to turn the machine off and restart. After booting up again I noticed every once in awhile Clover attempts to resume from hibernation which I was hoping was a clue to the problem. However, even after setting hibernatemode 0 via pmset the problem still exists. Not really sure what else to try at this point.

thanks for the tip Westcotte :)

ok, after many tests i can say usb3 not working properly. it only works fine if u use usb2 device in usb3 port. testing with usb3 hdd and aja system tools show that many times it stacks/freese on transfer and lose connection on big files (like doing hard disconnect). by default genericusb not installed by pbi using 450g0 option. after installing it nothing changes. not good.

Install Generic and boot with -gux_defer_usb2. Try switching between latest version and 1.2.7 of generic.

ok, after many tests i can say usb3 not working properly. it only works fine if u use usb2 device in usb3 port. testing with usb3 hdd and aja system tools show that many times it stacks/freese on transfer and lose connection on big files (like doing hard disconnect). by default genericusb not installed by pbi using 450g0 option. after installing it nothing changes. not good.

Did you "Remove GenericUSBXHCI kext from system/library/extensions"? USB3 works correctly for me.

Did you "Remove GenericUSBXHCI kext from system/library/extensions"? USB3 works correctly for me.

Do you have problem with sleep/wake without GenericUSBXHCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back