Contribute
Register

HP Pavilion Elite 9280t upgrades without hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP pavilion e9280t
CPU
intel i7 920
Graphics
gtx 260 1.8gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just upgraded using the new unibeast without any issues. Still have the 3 minute freeze (numerous threads about this problem in SL) before I can put in my password. Mouse pointer does not show during freeze. Previously I was able to move the mouse just unable to enter password.
Also SL did not have my GTX 260 with 1.8 gb listed in the info.plist so I would not get a full screen until i modified the identifier in the info.plist. Not a big deal but was a pain every time there was an upgrade. But Mountain Lion has the support natively. Now need to get my audio working.

What were you using for audio before? I have a HP Pavilion m250f, and after comparing it to yours, it's virtually the same system.[See HP Pavilion Elite m9280.it vs HP Pavilion Elite m9250f - same motherboard, audio etc. ]

We both have an ALC888s, and while on Lion, I was using a modified version of AppleHDA.kext. from kexts.com There was a thread on this forum with the kext attached, but I lost all my bookmarked threads after the forum upgrade. I'll try searching for it.

I'm currently in the process of upgrading from Lion to Mountain Lion, and would like to know if that solution will work. Please share your solution.

To be honest every time there is an upgrade i lose my audio and fix it using multibeast. Dont really pay attention to which options i choose. usually have to try and reboot two or three times. I do it every time and dont really think about it. I think this time I used the legacy modified for alc888 with the hdaenabler but not sure. When I boot up the machine (got a screen of death) I will check. What I really want is a working dst. Tried one made for me from a different forum but it did not seem to work right.

OK, so I upgraded to ML, everything went fine. Sleep + wake is lightning fast. I used the old audio patched AppleHDA.kext from my Lion install - works like a charm.

I used an old DSDT I had generated using DSDT AutoPatcher, which is now discontinued. You can still find the tool using google and give it a try - its very simple, generates a DSDT for your config with a single click.

never got sleep and wake to work on my system.

Made a dsdt and now system stuck at pci configuration begin. My own fault since I installed using multibeast userdsdt which puts in all those flags and killed my system. Oh well starting over now.

Hi, I need your help, I have a Hp Elite e9180t the same you, but i want to do the dsdt but i have Graphics Ati Radeon HD4650 512MB, I read you have DSDT it's possible i can to do it works in my pc?

Thanks

Andres.

PD: I have Mavericks, all works fine but the iPhone is no the detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back