Contribute
Register

HP Envy 17 3070nr White Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is in your /Extra/Extensions on the USB?

This is my /Extra/Extensions folder:
http://i.imgur.com/c98QlMf.jpg

Also I did miss a step in the how to install guide for the ps2 driver, specifically this one:
sudo cp org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon.plist /Library/LaunchDaemons
sudo cp VoodooPS2Daemon /usr/bin

My question with the above is, where do I put the VoodooPS2Daemon since there is no /usr/bin on the install usb.

This is my /Extra/Extensions folder:
http://i.imgur.com/c98QlMf.jpg

Looks ok assuming VoodooPS2Controller.kext is the current version.

Also I did miss a step in the how to install guide for the ps2 driver, specifically this one:
sudo cp org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon.plist /Library/LaunchDaemons
sudo cp VoodooPS2Daemon /usr/bin

My question with the above is, where do I put the VoodooPS2Daemon since there is no /usr/bin on the install usb.

Those instructions are only for installing to HDD after installing OS X, not to USB.

Looks ok assuming VoodooPS2Controller.kext is the current version.

Those instructions are only for installing to HDD after installing OS X, not to USB.

Do I also need to drop your version over that one as well? Your instructions only cover the /S/L/E kext.

Do I also need to drop your version over that one as well? Your instructions only cover the /S/L/E kext.

You should not install to /S/L/E on the USB. Install only to /Extra/Extensions.

The instructions are for installing to an HDD installation, not building a USB for installing.

You should not install to /S/L/E on the USB. Install only to /Extra/Extensions.

The instructions are for installing to an HDD installation, not building a USB for installing.

Managed to get in to the installer somehow, got stuck on waiting for root device again and swapped usb ports, I need an MBR patch to install to my drive, I can probably find one easily (I did before) but is there one that you suggest specifically?

Managed to get in to the installer somehow, got stuck on waiting for root device again and swapped usb ports, I need an MBR patch to install to my drive, I can probably find one easily (I did before) but is there one that you suggest specifically?

You do not "need" an MBR patch. And it is not allowed per the rules of this site: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

"This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED."

Last edited by a moderator:
You do not "need" an MBR patch. And it is not allowed per the rules of this site: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

"This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED."

Heh woops, so will chameleon cover my butt when booting to a GPT partitioned drive because I'm not sure my laptop will boot to a GPT partitioned drive on its own, I can't remember if I tried in the past with windows or not :\.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh woops, so will chameleon cover my butt when booting to a GPT partitioned drive because I'm not sure my laptop will boot to a GPT partitioned drive on its own, I can't remember if I tried in the past with windows or not :\.

It is unlikely your BIOS will refuse to boot to a GPT drive. That is mostly common with ASUS machines. But even then, you can use Clover.

I'm not sure what you mean "boot to a GPT partitioned drive on its own." Either the BIOS transfers control to the bootloader or not. There is nothing a bootloader can do to correct a BIOS implementation that won't load the bootloader.

It is unlikely your BIOS will refuse to boot to a GPT drive. That is mostly common with ASUS machines. But even then, you can use Clover.

I'm not sure what you mean "boot to a GPT partitioned drive on its own." Either the BIOS transfers control to the bootloader or not. There is nothing a bootloader can do to correct a BIOS implementation that won't load the bootloader.

I have a couple questions, I've got OS X booting on its own (still using cpus=1).

First question, I see in your recent posts talking about a mach_kernel patch to make it so I don't have to specify cpus=1 and it allows use of the cores, I'm trying to google around but the results are lackluster.

Second question, how do I tell which audio driver I need? I have an IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, the information for it is:
FUNC01&VEN_111&DEV_76E0
I see threads from back in 2010 and 2012 but nothing more recent, you seem to be a pro with HP laptops (considering all of the help you've given me so far) so I figured I'd ask you.

Third and last question, is there any support for the pro set wireless card?

Edit: Another question, is there a way to get switchable graphics working? I don't mind being stuck on the intel graphics, it runs very well surprisingly, but if possible I'd like to use the ATI card.

I have a couple questions, I've got OS X booting on its own (still using cpus=1).

First question, I see in your recent posts talking about a mach_kernel patch to make it so I don't have to specify cpus=1 and it allows use of the cores, I'm trying to google around but the results are lackluster.

Install the KernelPatcher module from Chameleon (use Chameleon Wizard). Or use Clover and config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelLapic=true.

Second question, how do I tell which audio driver I need? I have an IDT High Definition Audio CODEC, the information for it is:
FUNC01&VEN_111&DEV_76E0
I see threads from back in 2010 and 2012 but nothing more recent, you seem to be a pro with HP laptops (considering all of the help you've given me so far) so I figured I'd ask you.

If you're using Clover, there is a solution here: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-Envy-DSDT-Patch (patch_hda.sh and the patches in config.plist).

For using Clover, I suggest you read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-mavericks/112383-guide-install-mavericks-clover-bootloader.html. Filter appropriately as some information is HP ProBook specific (omit HPFanReset.efi, most of the stuff in the ProBook Installer, for example).

Third and last question, is there any support for the pro set wireless card?

No.

Edit: Another question, is there a way to get switchable graphics working? I don't mind being stuck on the intel graphics, it runs very well surprisingly, but if possible I'd like to use the ATI card.

No. Best you can do is disable it with DSDT/SSDT patches so is not consuming power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back