Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
can anyone help me how to install lion on my lappy.
i tired to search the forum but it needs xmove on a previously installed mac. but my lappy is not even starting SL installation. its getting restarted at the boot screen itself. pls help.

use iboot legacy first to install an 10.6.3 retail. You may need to use boot strings arch=i386 cpus=1 busratio=20 pcuid=1

once in 10.6.3 install super duper and backup your working install.
After successful backup, use combo update to get to 10.6.7(you will have to remove all ATI kexts to get anything but a black lvds screen)

IMPORTANT!!!!!
Backup the IOACPIFamily.kext (you will need to replace the one in 10.6.8 with this to boot)

Now update to 10.6.8. From here you're ready to go lion. either follow the guide on tonymac's blog to use xmove/retail install. Or use a bootable usb install.

hope this helps

fixing cpus=1 usually requires an acpi patched kernel. so no vanilla kernels at all for HP notebook users

ninditsu said:
fixing cpus=1 usually requires an acpi patched kernel. so no vanilla kernels at all for HP notebook users

This is the only solution that's worked on my system to boot lion. Ninjitsu, did you ever make any progress with you radeon? I get QE/CI on external monitor, but no LVDS.

minusdriver said:
use iboot legacy first to install an 10.6.3 retail. You may need to use boot strings arch=i386 cpus=1 busratio=20 pcuid=1

once in 10.6.3 install super duper and backup your working install.
After successful backup, use combo update to get to 10.6.7(you will have to remove all ATI kexts to get anything but a black lvds screen)

IMPORTANT!!!!!
Backup the IOACPIFamily.kext (you will need to replace the one in 10.6.8 with this to boot)

Now update to 10.6.8. From here you're ready to go lion. either follow the guide on tonymac's blog to use xmove/retail install. Or use a bootable usb install.

hope this helps

thanx.. will try this today.

Well successfully installed 10.6.3 but the login screen is not starting..
getting ACPI and DSDT error messages.

what to do now??

are you using dsdt? Haven't seen the ACPI thing with 10.6.3

You could always try going straight to 10.7 I suppose.

another thing to note,you can update to lion from 10.6.7

Source: experience

Try Install Mac OS X 10.6.4 and high.
10.6.3 not support iCore CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back