Contribute
Register

hp/COMPAQ DC7900 DSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

i havent't tested it yet (and probably won't anytime soon) but according to various other people there was some success on Lion with patched Kext's. Didn't found anything about ML, so probably the best way would be to go the dedicated GPU way.

egrath

Sorry about my original post as i was DRIVING AND POSTING.....
i meant to work on this project sooner but my girl was pregnant, she had the baby.
I am back now i would like to get this going and i have no idea where to start.
I am running Kubuntu Linux now.

I have an hp/COMPAQ DC7900 SFF with a NVIDIA Geforce 210 Silent

I tried to install mavericks and mountain lion but the installer reboots the pc the second it shows Apple logo

How can I get to the installer and finish my installation?

Thanks for all your help

The USB Problem is related to the HPET configs from the DSDT, I changed the IRQnoFlags to some that were free (I used 6,7,8). I followed this thread to do this :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/237750-fix-for-firewire-and-hpet-irq-conflict-using-dsdt/

Unfortunately, the mouse and keyboard persisted, I simply had less UHCI and EHCI issues. (4 UHCI and 4 EHCI issues to only 2 EHCI). Then I had the Bluetooth problems (sort of hang the boot if I didn't use the -x flag). I moved the IOBluetoothFamily.kext and the IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext to a backup folder in case I encountered some problems.

First I booted the hard drive with the -x -s flags,

Then I mounted the drive with :

mount -uw /

I copied the 2 kexts to the root folder :

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext /

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext /

then I erased them :

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext

rm -R /System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext

I booted up normaly and everything was fine!

The installer reboots itself even when I use internal partition to boot from.
Can anyone help me install mavericks on my hp compaq dc7900 SFF?

Hi everyone!

Little problem here! I've been running mountain lion, then maverick on this computer for two years. It's been running fine but I never ran multibeast with the dsdt because everytime I did, my computer screen would just shut down after I selected my hard drive from the boot screen. I tried different options in multibeast, different bootflags at bootscreen, but nothing worked. So for the past two years I've been running this compaq 7900 by just booting from the usb key then using boot flag: GraphicsEnabler=Yes at the boot screen when selecting my Hardrive and It's been running just fine like that.

But now I own 2 ssd and I would like to RAID 0 them! The installation process requires that I have a perfectly running system with multibeast.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong so I can finally have this multibeast running without causing my system to crash? I tried so many options while trying to run multibeast, I'm out of ideas! Anyone encountered the same problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back