CPU
Intel i7-8700K
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Hello
I'm thinking of doing a hackintosh installation on my new cheaply bought HP Compaq DC7900 Convertible Minitower.
The Motherboard is a Intel Q45. It has 4GBs of RAM and a
Intel GMA X4500 GRAM.
I wanted to know if i can hackintosh it.
Can anybody of you help me and tell me the settings. Thanks!

Hello
I'm thinking of doing a hackintosh installation on my new cheaply bought HP Compaq DC7900 Convertible Minitower.
The Motherboard is a Intel Q45. It has 4GBs of RAM and a
Intel GMA X4500 GRAM.
I wanted to know if i can hackintosh it.
Can anybody of you help me and tell me the settings. Thanks!

You're going to need (at the least) a separate graphics card; Intel GMA graphics are not supported in Mac OS X. Beyond that, I don't know enough to give you any further advice - see if you can find the specs on the motherboard (i.e. what audio & network chipsets it uses, how many and what type of SATA ports and PCIe slots it has, that kind of information).

Hi

Did you manage to get this working?

Thanks

I've successfully installed Mavericks on a DC7900 SFF (which should be fairly identical to the CMT).

Installation can be made using the built in VGA adapter, although you'll want to add a graphics card later, because graphics performance is horrible since the built in graphics is not supported.

Followed the Mavericks guide, did not need to use any boot flags.
After reboot I ran Multibeast, and also added the DSDT and audio fix as found in this post:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/64741-hp-compaq-dc7900-dsdt.html

Running these will kill the usb ports; shut off the machine and boot using the -x flag; this will make the machine boot up fine with the usb ports working, you can then reboot the machine in normal mode with usb functional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back