Motherboard
HP Elitebook 8470p
CPU
i5 3320M
Graphics
HD 4000, 1600x900
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If you haven't known yet, HP Probook 6460b and HP Elitebook 8460p with Whitelist BIOS can now have native Airport with Broadcom 43224AGN 802.11a/b/g/n 2x2 Wi-Fi Adapter.

The card is in whitelist and it can be enabled since OS X 10.8.5 (not working for 10.8.4 or lower). You can see the guide here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

It would be appreciate if HP Probook Installer can include the patch.

If you haven't known yet, HP Probook 6460b and HP Elitebook 8460p with Whitelist BIOS can now have native Airport with Broadcom 43224AGN 802.11a/b/g/n 2x2 Wi-Fi Adapter.

The card is in whitelist and it can be enabled since OS X 10.8.5 (not working for 10.8.4 or lower). You can see the guide here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/58146-guide-airport-half-mini-pcie.html

It would be appreciate if HP Probook Installer can include the patch.

I didn't really see any information there (I searched for '43224'). Maybe you meant a different link? I assume you are talking DSDT patch? Do you know the properties (device-id) that must be injected? I can certainly add it to the patch repo, provided you can come up with the information (ioreg dump without the card working, and injection information).

I didn't really see any information there (I searched for '43224'). Maybe you meant a different link? I assume you are talking DSDT patch? Do you know the properties (device-id) that must be injected? I can certainly add it to the patch repo, provided you can come up with the information (ioreg dump without the card working, and injection information).

My bad, I updated the link in OP. It can be used for 43224 and 43225 too. Unfortunately, HP 6470b/8470 use Broadcom 43228 instead, so still no hope for them.

My bad, I updated the link in OP. It can be used for 43224 and 43225 too. Unfortunately, HP 6470b/8470 use Broadcom 43228 instead, so still no hope for them.

So ... it won't work at all and this entire thread is pointless...

So ... it won't work at all and this entire thread is pointless...

It won't work for all models, but it can help HP Elitebook 8x60p/w and HP Probook 6460b users, who thought that there was no hope at all. Also, we have another choice aside Atheros 9285.

It won't work for all models, but it can help HP Elitebook 8x60p/w and HP Probook 6460b users, who thought that there was no hope at all. Also, we have another choice aside Atheros 9285.

Ah... ProBook 8x60p/6x60b models...

Did you find the DSDT patch/ioreg information yet?

Ah... ProBook 8x60p/6x60b models...

Did you find the DSDT patch/ioreg information yet?
Here it is, I combined your AR9285 and toleda patch:
Code:
into method label _DSM parent_label WNIC remove_entry;

into method label _DSM parent_label ARPT remove_entry;

into all label WNIC set_label begin ARPT end;

into device label ARPT insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n

"AAPL,slot-name", "AirPort",\n

"built-in", Buffer () {0x00},\n
		"device_type", "AirPort",\n
		"model", "Broadcom BCM4322x 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless Network Controller",\n
		"name", "AirPort Extreme",\n
		"compatible","pci14e4,43a0"\n

})\n
}\n
end;

Here it is, I combined your AR9285 and toleda patch:
Code:
into method label _DSM parent_label WNIC remove_entry;

into method label _DSM parent_label ARPT remove_entry;

into all label WNIC set_label begin ARPT end;

into device label ARPT insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n

"AAPL,slot-name", "AirPort",\n

"built-in", Buffer () {0x00},\n
		"device_type", "AirPort",\n
		"model", "Broadcom BCM4322x 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless Network Controller",\n
		"name", "AirPort Extreme",\n
		"compatible","pci14e4,43a0"\n

})\n
}\n
end;

Cool. I missed the section of alternate IDs in that post somehow. I'll add it eventually to the ProBook repo, once I figure out what the actual meaning of "name" is supposed to be and whether injecting "compatible" is the same and works on all OS X versions.

Cool. I missed the section of alternate IDs in that post somehow. I'll add it eventually to the ProBook repo, once I figure out what the actual meaning of "name" is supposed to be and whether injecting "compatible" is the same and works on all OS X versions.

"Name" is used for cosmetic only. It is shown in PCI section in System Profiler. The wifi still works without the key.

Btw, someone reported that he could replace wifi card in 8470p to atheros 9285. I'm doubt if whitelist has been removed on hp 8x70/6x70. Can someone confirm that?

"Name" is used for cosmetic only. It is shown in PCI section in System Profiler. The wifi still works without the key.

Not true. In 10.8.5 it is used for iokit matching against IONameMatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back