Contribute
Register

HP 430 G4 volume control problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
CodecCommander in the probook repo is used to initialize PinConfigDefaults.
Removing CodeCommander.kext will cause those pinconfigs to not be set.
They can be set other ways, but that requires a different AppleHDA setup.
Probably best to disable other CodecCommander actions you might think are a conflict (via ACPI).
What actions do you think can cause a problem?

On some codecs, mine too VREF @Microphone is off after wake up.

Without CodecCommander is normal, and sleep wake-up tests are all right.
HDMI audio switching (sleep wake-up) is normal.

After testing, no other audio problems were found without the use of CodecCommander.
Also with the sync. patch?

If true, it means your PinConfigDefaults are correct from BIOS.
You should make sure you try cold boot after EC reset, maybe even after CMOS reset.

Please attach problem reporting files showing this configuration.
I can easily disable the other features of CodecCommander.kext (within the model specific SSDT) if they are not needed.

After the BIOS reset is also tested, audio output and internal and external audio switching normal.
But the external Mike has no input(No use CodecCommander.kext), the Sound panel does not have "Line in".......

Also with the sync. patch?
Yes.

Last edited:
After the BIOS reset is also tested, audio output and internal and external audio switching normal.
But the external Mike has no input, the audio panel does not have "Line in".......

Yes.

I committed the required changes to disable CodecCommander actions on sleep/wake.
Update your files to the latest from the probook github.

I committed the required changes to disable CodecCommander actions on sleep/wake.
Update your files to the latest from the probook github.

All files are updated. The test state is as follows (including restarting from windows to MAC):
- the screen brightness can be restored to the state of closing the computer or restarting.

- the control of the volume slider is synchronously normal (sleep wake-up is also).

- the volume can be restored to the state of closing the computer or restarting.

The automatic output to the external audio when the headset is inserted is normal (sleep wake-up is also).

- "Line in" is unavailable after sleep wake-up (manually switching to "Line in" before sleep, because it is not automatic switching), there is no audio input signal:
This is an additional problem, and it is found before the update today, and it still exists after the update;
You need to switch to "Internal Microphone", and then switch to "Line in" to recover;
Under windows, the input signal can be automatically switched (at the time of insertion),

Attached to the issue report.

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, you can try this platforms for switchable microphone

Attachments

• autoswitch_mic_Platforms.zml.zlib.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 72
Thanks for the feedback, you can try this platforms for switchable microphone
This platform can switch automatically, but there is no signal input(Line in), including sleep wake-up.
This notebook is audio output and Mike input two in one interface,
I think maybe this is a reason(guess).

The path map was a mess, AMPs on all nodes. Hopefully I've not made to much changes.
Try this one.

Attachments

• Platforms.zml.zlib.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 76
The path map was a mess, AMPs on all nodes. Hopefully I've not made to much changes.
Try this one.

This platform can not automatically switch on the boot, sleep wake up after can.
But there is still no signal input.
The built-in audio output and Mike input are normal.

This platform can not automatically switch on the boot, sleep wake up after can.
But there is still no signal input.
The built-in audio output and Mike input are normal.

Try this one, if it doesn't work replace the old layout20.zml.
If it works, you can also try it without the sync. patch.

Attachments

• layout_20.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back