Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, I am researchingy first hackintosh build. I just want to run lion and have it work on my two monitors and have decent performance. The system outlined below is around 800 bucks shipped. Are there any components that won't work with Lion well? Or did I pick out any stupid components where a different choice would make more sense? Any help would be appreciated since this is my first hackintosh build from scratch. Thanks in advance.

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K

GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

GIGABYTE Ultra Durable VGA Series GV-R685OC-1GD Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX ...

OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-120G 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

Antec NEO ECO 520C 520W Continuous Power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Antec TWO HUNDRED S Black ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

You are ready to install. 520W is a bit small, it should be fine if you DO NOT plan to add more HDD or other peripheral in the future, else I suggest bump it to 650W and avoid the upgrade in the future.

ijhu said:
You are ready to install. 520W is a bit small, it should be fine if you DO NOT plan to add more HDD or other peripheral in the future, else I suggest bump it to 650W and avoid the upgrade in the future.

Thanks for the response. I will look at a larger psu since I will will be adding storage drives in the future.

same advice, use neweggs tool to give you a rough idea: http://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell/to ... index.html

also, if you plan to upgrade to 16GB at some point, buying ram together in a set (that is usually tested that it works together) may be a better option. It's not that expensive, your board probably would support it (most z68 gigabyte boards support 32 gb ram).

All just another reason to buy a bigger PSU.

steve jobs would disapprove of your case, but you can't find a could hackintosh case that looks normal. antec 300 is close to not so offensive th ough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back