Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
Core i7-9770K
Graphics
NVidia GTX-650
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

Beside OSX, I have installed some Linux systems which I want to boot in EFI-mode.

I want to use the EFI version of grub2 and I am looking for a solution to chainload the Chimera bootloader from grub.

All the instructions describing how to handle that if using the legacy version of GRUB don't seem to be practicable because a stage0-Chainload is not possible.

chainloader(hd0,gpt2)/boot -> freezes the system
multiboot(hd0,gpt2)/boot -> error message "multiboot is not supported on the chosen device. Enter device ID (80 for first hard disk...)"; keyboard input impossible

chainloader (hd0,gpt2)/usr/standalone/i386/chain0 -> nothing happens
multiboot (hd0,gpt2)/usr/standalone/i386/boot* -> freezes the system (tried several files)

Has anybody sucessfully managed to boot into Chamelon from grub without needing to use hybrid MBRs and BIOS emulation?

Easiest is to do it the other way and use Chimera / Chameleon to boot grub.
Use procedure found on any Linux site to remove grub bootloader from your linux drive. Install grub to the root ( / ) or create a /boot partition and install it there.
If you are like me and always swapping drives in and out, having to go edit grub every time you swap a SL drive for a Lion drive or a ML drive is just too much trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back