Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

The first post in this thread used to have an HD4600 config.plist attached. Why was it removed? Luckily I still had it on my laptop, but it would have been quite the showstopper for me otherwise.
The Standard version now works for the on-board graphics.

First attempt after previously using Chimera / Multibeast. Mainly doing this because of El Capitan install for learning which is successfully working following the guide on a test drive install.

The issue I have is that after doing the Clover install to "Install Yosemite USB" I don't anything on the USB EFI partition to replace config.plist and kexts.

Complete Clover noob here so ...

For some reason...which i can't figure out, i can't browse to /efi/clover/ after doing the clover install in step 2. The install goes thru with the suggested options. I then go to paste the kext/files onto the /efi/clover/ folders and no luck. It doesn't mount...when i manually browse to /efi/, there is no clover folder.

I'm not sure what the issue is, i have never had this issue before.

For some reason...which i can't figure out, i can't browse to /efi/clover/ after doing the clover install in step 2. The install goes thru with the suggested options. I then go to paste the kext/files onto the /efi/clover/ folders and no luck. It doesn't mount...when i manually browse to /efi/, there is no clover folder.

I'm not sure what the issue is, i have never had this issue before.
In the Terminal, execute "diskutil list". Look for your Clover Yosemite drive and note the drive Identifier for the Yosemite drive's EFI partition; for instance, disk0s1. It will be like diskxs1 where "x" is drive number.

Download and run EFI Mounter V3, located in the Forum's Downloads section. Select the noted EFI drive Identifier. The Yosemite EFI partition will mount. Your Clover /EFI/Clover folders should be now visible.

I appreciate the help. This allowed me (with some additional putzing) to get Yosemite installed with clover on ancient GA-G33M-DS2R with everything working except imessage which is flaky

Having issues switching from a functioning 10.10.4 Chimaera setup to Clover.

My Clover USB is set up properly, but when I go to boot into the Yosemite installer from the Clover menu, I get stuck at the loading bar screen.

Black screen, white apple logo, perpetually empty loading bar.

Any thoughts?

I have a traditional Chimera (UniBeast-MultiBeast) Yosemite 10.10.5 install working fine. I am playing with an USB drive as boot drive to see if I can make it work. I followed the guide and my system boots, but I have no graphics acceleration. Ethernet works. If I install the nVidia web drivers, and I reboot, still no graphics acceleration. What am I missing?.

You should be fine. You can get the others working as well. Just make an image to restore so you have a full working backup.

Your video may need drivers (kexts). Test with video and see how it plays. Or games. You probably only have generic drivers at this point and need to get AMD drivers for full support.

Back