Contribute
Register

How to Get USB 3.0 Working on GIGABYTE Z68X-UD5-B3 Running Lion 10.7.3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i7 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
GTX 460
My system is completely stable and has been for almost a year now but I got 2 USB 3.0 Drives and would really like to take advantage of the speed boost but I just don't even know where to start with USB 3.0 drivers. I figured its been long enough so there must be support for it on my motherboard by now (last time I tried it didnt work at all and that was 2012) Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

My system is completely stable and has been for almost a year now but I got 2 USB 3.0 Drives and would really like to take advantage of the speed boost but I just don't even know where to start with USB 3.0 drivers. I figured its been long enough so there must be support for it on my motherboard by now (last time I tried it didnt work at all and that was 2012) Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

You could look at this: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286860-genericusbxhci-usb-30-driver-for-os-x-with-source/

But you're going to need 10.7.5 or better. Apple didn't add USB3 support until then...

Thank you man! I can't appreciate this communities quick response enough. I shall check it out

Okay man I read through it and it sounds great. I saw compatibility with my board on page 3 or 4 . I'm going to upgrade to 10.7.5 and let you know how it goes.

Worked like a charm! I can't believe I have USB 3.0 functioning on my rig, I'm extremely grateful for pointing me in the direction of that link. I saw some stuff before this post about a general USB 3.0 plug in but didnt know if it would function with my motherboard. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back