CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just went to the apple store to buy mountain lion and it appears to only be available as a download and will only download to a machine running some form of MAC-OS 10.6 or higher. I don't have such a machine and am wondering about how I can get a copy. I hope I don't have to buy a mac first!

You'll probably have to wait until they sell it as a CD or USB Stick (if at all) - otherwise you'll be stuck to find a legal solution to your needs - you could always purchase OS X Lion and then do the download - you'll have to pay twice but if you want ML would enable you to do it quickly.

The only way to get Mountain Lion without a Mac or Hack or access to one is to:

1) Purchase Snow Leopard DVD
2) Install Snow Leopard
3) Upgrade to 10.6.6
4) Purchase Mountain Lion from Mac App Store.

As Apple has stated before there won't be a Mountain Lion USB. And eve if there was you still need a working Mac or Hack to run UniBeast.

The only way to get Mountain Lion without a Mac or Hack or access to one is to:

1) Purchase Snow Leopard DVD
2) Install Snow Leopard
3) Upgrade to 10.6.6
4) Purchase Mountain Lion from Mac App Store.

As Apple has stated before there won't be a Mountain Lion USB. And eve if there was you still need a working Mac or Hack to run UniBeast.

I talked to Apple and was told that there will be no USB or dvd with mountain lion.

I did some looking around and found a source for snow leopard (10.6.3) but I'm not sure how to upgrade to 10.6.6. Is that a matter of letting apple install patches?

You should post your specs to see if it can even run ML.. sounds like you might have an old machine

You should post your specs to see if it can even run ML.. sounds like you might have an old machine

The mac mini that I have is far to old to support ML or even snow leopard. The machine I'm putting together consists of (or will consist of)

Intel i7-3770
Gigabyte Z77x-UD5H
GTX-550ti
a 240 gig SSD drive
and 32GB of ram

I hope that it'll support ML! :)

Your best bet is to find a computer running osx and by ML and prepare unibeast on it. A friend or library or school or something has got to have a mac you can use for a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back