Contribute
Register
I dont understand why apple is trying so hard to kill iMessage for anything other than apple devices, was it not the case that when iMessage was first announced it was being promoted by mr jobs no less as being the killer of sms and would soon sort of rule the world?

This will never be the case nor will it obtain the mass adoption which in the long run i think would be to apples advantage, Im sure mr jobs would be quite upset to find all this apple resource being put into disabling iMessage instead of fixing bugs in their O.S which IMHO have increased somewhat lately (referring to IOS).

This is going to get interesting because users who have real macs hosting VM OSX are also affected by this because virtual software clones the MLB, ROM and SN. According to Apple's EULA, users are allowed to do it.

So right now, apple will have to find a fix for those users.

I don't know if any of this is the case, but I think it humorous that most people here seem to think of Apple as this "sleeping giant" that they can just carefully tip toe past. I expect Apple is well aware of the Hacks and the real issue is do they care, and I don't expect them to let us know one way or the other any time soon. For my part, I prefer to let the ones here that have the time and experience to try to figure out what is actually happening to work on it, and to not risk my own Apple IDs or devices being banned.

And one last word and I will go back to lurking... those of you who are just "trying things" that might work - you are being incredibly selfish and while it might not matter to you if you sink the good ship hackintosh, I think I speak for most of us when I say I wish you would just stop and let Jay and others find a real solution before you end it for all of us. You know that if Apple wanted to

Just a side mini-rant.

I wish Apple would just realize that by trying to deny Hackintosh users, they're just making the same mistakes as many other media industries trying to protect their products. Imagine how much nicer it would be if Apple just allowed us to pay for a Hackintosh licence?

I would gladly pay an annual fee for the right to legally spies OS X on non-Apple hardware. For me, it isn't about saving money, it is that Apple doesn't have hardware options that suit my needs. If I could just pay so Apple makes money, and I have a working version of OS X built for non-Apple hardware, I would do it without a second thought.

It would be a win/win for all.

I also completely agree with your last paragraph. People need to have patience.

Having been slightly silly and used the MLB etc from my MBP on my Hackintosh (not advocating it, it was a terrible decision on my part), I found myself in the position of the Hackintosh not working (Messages/Facetime), and more worryingly, the MBP seemingly not being seen by Apple at all. Nothing, messages, FaceTime, personal hotspot, was working at all.

I spent a great deal of time trying to get somewhere with Apple support, but honestly, they didn’t seem to have any ideas at all, although in their defence, I was slightly economical in my explanation, and so really can’t blame them for that.

Anyway, having got to the point where they said just take it into the shop and they’ll get it sorted (which I was reluctant to do as it’s not lost on me that this was my own fault), this is what, in the end worked for me, at least restoring full use to the MBP. I’m holding back on the Hackintosh for now and have disabled Messages and FaceTime on there, and also Back to my mac.

Logged into my router and refreshed connection to get new IP address to the outside world. On the Hackintosh, ran through Clover configurator (steps from the guide), but this time changed from the ever popular Mac Pro 3,1 to iMac 2013 with new serial etc. Having done that, rebooted everything, iPhone, MBP and Hackintosh. Reset (not by choice!) keychain, and gave the Hackintosh a new name (Preferences/Sharing/Computer name), and rebooted again.

Over the following ten minutes or so, things started to come back to life, and now all is well.

I’m not qualified enough to be able to say what steps were the ones that worked, or even if in fact it was just on it’s way back anyway, but just in case it’s of use, thought I should post my experience.

Soooo, I took the time to read through the guide (using Clover as a boot loader) and attempted to log in with iMessage using Valid generated values that are not cloned. I received a message to contact support with a Validation Code and did so without fear since I already been working on several other Apple devices with iMessage errors.

Support took the code and added it into the system. Then they told me that their system said that my machine was now authorized and should be able to proceed.

Unfortunately, I keep getting the message even after a reboot. Support said they reset it three times and that I was close to a lock out. I told them that I would call them back since I have another device that I need to work on without locking my account.

it's too bad that even after added my machine... that they could not get it working. My next step after calling back is that they would have to escalate me to senior support. However, they may ask too many questions.

ohjamus, you wasted a lot of time doing that, considering you ignored the posts that right now, unless you have a valid whitelisted MLB, even if apple authorizes what you send, it'll fail auth repeatedly and kick out new codes. Unless you by sheer luck generate a working 13 char one with old mac pro def that makes current validation happy, you will never get past the new security measure.

"I wish Apple would just realize that by trying to deny Hackintosh users, they're just making the same mistakes as many other media industries trying to protect their products. Imagine how much nicer it would be if Apple just allowed us to pay for a Hackintosh licence?"
At this. the problem is, apple makes over priced mediocre hardware. One of the main reasons i think we all choose hackintosh is because the new mac pro is overpriced hardware that's already leagues behind current Pc hardware. Dual 700? Yeah pretty sure a 980 classified will laugh at those. etc etc. real computers with real upgradable parts and PROPER cooling unlike imacs and macbook pros notorious for overheating under full load/gaming. the only reason apple can sell their over priced mediocre hardware, is because the hardware comes with the blessing to run the OS we like. Apple couldn't license OS X to PC hardware without killing their own hardware line. That said, if they did do that, I think it'd certainly be a profitable margin and change the market share of OS X by a good margin. I'm wondering at what point does apple decide to just be a mobile device/software company and stop trying with hardware that disappoints and has such low market share.

ohjamus, you wasted a lot of time doing that, considering you ignored the posts that right now, unless you have a valid whitelisted MLB, even if apple authorizes what you send, it'll fail auth repeatedly and kick out new codes. Unless you by sheer luck generate a working 13 char one with old mac pro def that makes current validation happy, you will never get past the new security measure.

"I wish Apple would just realize that by trying to deny Hackintosh users, they're just making the same mistakes as many other media industries trying to protect their products. Imagine how much nicer it would be if Apple just allowed us to pay for a Hackintosh licence?"
At this. the problem is, apple makes over priced mediocre hardware. One of the main reasons i think we all choose hackintosh is because the new mac pro is overpriced hardware that's already leagues behind current Pc hardware. Dual 700? Yeah pretty sure a 980 classified will laugh at those. etc etc. real computers with real upgradable parts and PROPER cooling unlike imacs and macbook pros notorious for overheating under full load/gaming. the only reason apple can sell their over priced mediocre hardware, is because the hardware comes with the blessing to run the OS we like. Apple couldn't license OS X to PC hardware without killing their own hardware line. That said, if they did do that, I think it'd certainly be a profitable margin and change the market share of OS X by a good margin. I'm wondering at what point does apple decide to just be a mobile device/software company and stop trying with hardware that disappoints and has such low market share.

MysticalOS, I agree you as far as Apple making mediocre hardware releases which only encourages the Hackintosh community more. However, for me it wasn't a waste of time. I'm just getting back into the Hackintosh scene and needed to get knee deep to start really understanding how things work under the hood. I do love the OS but as you said, an iMac with a 5K scene but outdated hardware behind it is truly an insult. Thanks for the insight though.

Not sure if this will help anyone... but i personally am tired of playing this Game of it working for a little and then its not working for a little lol

So I wanted to share with you guys what i will be using from this point on..

Remote Messages for IOS 8 on Cydia.. yes i know it will take a Jailbroken Device..

but it works perfect.. it lets you use your iMessages from your Idevice through a Web Browser window... I know this isn't a fix all..

but for me I have my phone on the Charger all the time when I'm on my Hackintosh. So this works Perfect.

Can send files... Can Send pics and video.... its pretty much the same.. even sends me alerts on yosemite...

Back