Contribute
Register
This may be a dumb question, but how do you guys edit your PLIST? I tried and kept getting permission errors, then when I finally did manage it by using a text editor under sudo, it totally broke my system so it wouldn't even boot (got a kernel panic at the white screen with the apple) - I had to boot into safe mode and then use Time Machine to get my original PLIST back; now I'm a bit afraid to try it again. So how do you do it without encountering permission errors or making your system unable to boot?

This may be a dumb question, but how do you guys edit your PLIST? I tried and kept getting permission errors, then when I finally did manage it by using a text editor under sudo, it totally broke my system so it wouldn't even boot (got a kernel panic at the white screen with the apple) - I had to boot into safe mode and then use Time Machine to get my original PLIST back; now I'm a bit afraid to try it again. So how do you do it without encountering permission errors or making your system unable to boot?

@TreeMan

Install Textwrangler, it's a way better editor than stock and will unlock locked files when opening and allow saving locked files by asking for admin password each time. When your finished editing, run kext utility to rebuild the caches and reset permissions.

Enter your admin password and just wait till you get the all done msg, then reboot.

Cheers
Jay

@killjoy

I think the activation error is different from the SID Bug, although possibly caused by the same UUID miss match check on Apples servers .

As long as you have at least one legit apple device registered against the Apple ID your using with iMessage then it looks like Apple customer support will reset the UUID activation for you despite having a hackingtosh not real mac as reported in posts #233 & #237 ?

I cant confirm this myself but the feedback from both those posts looks promising ?

Cheers
Jay

I told them my iMessage works normally on my iphone and that it worked perfectly on mountain lion but they insisted they cannot do anything...

I told them my iMessage works normally on my iphone and that it worked perfectly on mountain lion but they insisted they cannot do anything...

Did you tell them you had a hackingtosh ?

Cheers
Jay

Made a fresh install and did as Jaymonkey wrote in post#383

"Please ensure that the key value you set in your plist is called "SystemId" not "SystemID" or other permutation.

Use a random UUID as the value for SystemId not one of your existing UUID's, this will ensure that the newly generated platformUUID will be unique.

Delete the existing nvram.xxxxx.plist in /Extra.

make sure you have FileNVRAM version 1.1.2 installed

Reboot and try again"

And that worked
:thumbup:

I can confirm that this worked for me as well. Just had to use me @me.com version of my apple ID and not my @gmail.com. No password change needed.

I actually solved it.

I replaced nvram 1.1.3 with 1.1.2 and changed UseKernelCache to No in my plist. Rebooted and the next time I tried to log in I got the error with the customer code (previously it was giving me activation error). Then I just went on apple support and they resolved the issue for me, I just had to give them my Apple ID, he said it was something to do with my serial number. They probably knew I was on hack anyway.

@Jaymonkey

In post#383 you wrote:

“The platform UUID and hardware UUID should always be the same”

But that´s not the case on my UP5-TH.

When i use ioreg -lw0 | grep PlatformUUID in terminal i get the same values as i have in system profiler Hardware-uuid that are not equal to the values i have in org.chameleon.boot.plist/ equal to what ioreg.app shows.

I don´t know if it´s important as iMessage is working

Back