Contribute
Register
You have tried to add a credit card to your apple account, do not have to buy anything, just add, me too I spend the same iMessage error, stopped working one night and after trying everything, I read right here that adding a credit card to apple itunes account was solved, I know it's weird, but it worked, as of today I have no problems with iMessage and Facetime. regards

Did a fresh install of 10.9.2 and it has notthing to do with Safari or any other updates.
(i did´nt update anything)
I can log on to Appstore and iCloud but not iMessage.
On my other hack i am logged in on iMessage but all contacts is red :roll2:

Have you tried re-setting your Apple ID account password ?, sounds silly I know but there have been reports from users who clam that re-setting your password via Apples On-line Account Manager can cure some Apple server side issues.

All still working for me at the moment.

Cheers
Jay

Have you tried re-setting your Apple ID account password ?, sounds silly I know but there have been reports from users who clam that re-setting your password via Apples On-line Account Manager can cure some Apple server side issues.

All still working for me at the moment.

Cheers
Jay

Yea, doesn't solve the issue.

I am also having the problem and I am thinking it stopped working after the Safari 7.0.3 update ... is there any way to back out this specific update or to wind back the system to before this date...
I guess if my TimeMachine is working correctly I could restore that way and see for sure if it was this that did it as I updated on Apr 2nd.

All my contacts on my MBP appear blue in the "to" line but on the hack they are all red.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 2.23.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 2.23.27 PM.png
    108 KB · Views: 151
So your fresh 10.9.2 install you can't even log into iMessages now?

After my fresh install and nvram addition to modules/extra I can login but none of my contacts show up and only my cell number shows as blue , each new message I create shows red for the contact like everyone else.

I'm experiencing the same issue where I can login to iMessage just fine, but cannot send anything to anyone because they are not "registered with iMessage." I've attempted password resets, deactivate/reactivate iMessage on devices, etc. No luck!

I am also having the problem and I am thinking it stopped working after the Safari 7.0.3 update .... All my contacts on my MBP appear blue in the "to" line but on the hack they are all red.

@Swiftycanada & others

I noticed from your screen shot that you have Bonjour enabled as a iMessage protocol :-

Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 11.48.43.png

I myself have this disabled in iMessage preferences :-

Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 11.51.50.png

I'm not sure if it will help, but it might be worth a shot. Try disabling Bonjour messaging in iMessage preferences and also setting 'Start new conversations from' to your own iPhone number in the setting for your own account.

Screen Shot 2014-04-07 at 11.59.33 copy.png

iMessage is still working for me ... OSX 10.9.2 / FileNVRAM 1.1.2

My thinking is that by disabling Bonjour as a iMessage protocol I bypass Apples on-line Bonjour servers, databases and security, by forcing each new message to originate form my iPhone means that the message originates from a legit Apple device.

Could be important or might not mean anything .... but no harm in trying if its not working, you may need to reset the iMessage data caches and plist's as per step 4, really don't know - just throwing a few options out there for you you to try.

If it does work let me know so i can add it to the guide.

Cheers
Jay

I have Bonjour account always disabled. It doesn't impact to that issue at all.

IMHO a reason of that issue depends on certain hardware for eq MB manufactror or chipset or Network Kext, but am not sure...
I also have a second build based on Asus P8H67 MB and there are NO problem with Messages AFTER recent Safari update. Only with my main build on GA Z87-HD3 with AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext.

Try disabling Bonjour messaging in iMessage preferences and also setting 'Start new conversations from' to your own iPhone number in the setting for your own account.

OK guys = don't thing this has anything to do with Bonjour or the Safari upgrade. (I only turned on Bonjour to see if I could chat with LAN users on regular MACs and I could as it was normally off).

SO... I WOUND BACK Mavericks to before the Safari upgrade on a second disk, booted from that and I still see the red next to the user details when I try and use iMessage. This is pretty much 100% on Apple's side i.e. they have changed something their end because I know I was messaging with this Hack last week. I even got the App Store telling me there was a Safari upgrade waiting for me so I know I had restored properly.

Your suggestion to turn off Bonjour entirely - I will try as it was just offline before, also I cannot originate my message from my iPhone number as I am a Blackberry geek hence no iPhone !

So come on you real techie guys (and I am not really a hacker or programmer), what can we do to get round this latest Apple issue ? I can do any amount of testing with older backups if anyone wants..

Back