Contribute
Register
As @Edhawk said in his post, you want the Apple Support page to say it doesn't recognize the Serial Number.
You just need to keep generating and checking the S/N validity until you get a 'Not Valid' result.

I suspect if you've been using a S/N that came back as valid after checking, you're ID on this machine has been flagged as a potential security risk on Apple Servers or your machine it self.

To possibly overcome the problem, you need to again remove the machine from your account and log out of all Apple Services.

Next you must Generate New Values i.e (non valid) S/N, SmUUID, ROM and MLB and enter these into the config.plist, reboot, clean NvRAM.

Hopefully these steps will remove the security flag. In the past the removal took from an hour to a few days, whether that is still the norm I don't know as I have not come across posts with iMessage problems for a while now.
Thank you for the elaboration. But the problem is that I always used not valid SN. And I used multiple no valid SN and every time I logged out and removed the machine from icloud. Therefor I am confused what might be the problem.
I'll try to wait more till I register new SN.
Or do I need to logout from all devices(iPhone, iPad, real Mac) and remove everything from my appleid?

Thank you for the elaboration. But the problem is that I always used not valid SN. And I used multiple no valid SN and every time I logged out and removed the machine from icloud. Therefor I am confused what might be the problem.
I'll try to wait more till I register new SN
you may also want to re generate SmUUID, ROM and MLB as mentioned above

@kajaba - You just need to remove the problematic machine from your Apple account.
If your other devices are working with your Apple ID as expected, then there is no need to remove those.
As advised, you should re-generate completely new S/N, SmUUID, ROM, MLB and enter into config.plist.

After entering the new data, reboot, clean NvRAM, continue to Desktop but do not logon to any Apple Services (i.e App Store, iMessage, F/Time, iCloud etc) just yet, just give it a couple of hours or so and then try.
Good luck.

This exact problem is also with other apple ids on this machine (different accounts).
Ahhh - I just read this potion of your post again.
This possibly points to wrong format of entered data i.e SmUUID, ROM or S/N.
Looking through your previous posts, I would advise to not only change the S/N, SmUUID etc, but definitely change the ROM value to your actual Apple Address
which can be found in Systems Settings/Network.

(See my attached example)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 07.39.44.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 07.39.44.png
    144.8 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Thank again guys. But I dont get it:
I generated smbios with getSMBIOS. This tool will generate SN, SmUUID, MBL and ROM.
Every time when I was changing SN, I changed all these values - also ROM
Is this wrong? Should I use my real eth MAC address as ROM? In guide there is stated, that ROM can be any generated value (even real Apple MAC hw address).
And with wrong format: SN, SmUUID,MBL are simple strings. ROM is a data value from Mac address. I will try these values (from my config.plist):
<key>MLB</key>
<string>C029------LNV91M</string>
<key>ROM</key>
<data>tC6Zq7gJ</data>
<key>SystemProductName</key>
<string>iMac19,1</string>
<key>SystemSerialNumber</key>
<string>C02-----V3Q</string>
<key>SystemUUID</key>
<string>AD-----A-F35C-4C18-AD87-552------1EF</string>

And i forgot: I used iMacPro1,1 because I do not have iGPU in my CPU.
And also I notices that after signing in to icloud in settings a window pops up like this. But after that it normally signs in.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 10.53.00.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 10.53.00.png
    229.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Is this wrong? Should I use my real eth MAC address as ROM?
I have always used my real MAC Address in all my Builds.
By your admission, it is not just your Apple ID that is not accepted in this machine but other Apple IDs as well.
Something is definitely off between your Machine and the inserted data.

The iMacPro1.1 model has nothing to do with the problem.
The fact you can logon to iCloud is irrelevant I think, it's the other Services you're not allowed to join.

It's been so long since I have delved into the 'Wherefores and Whatnots' of iMessage but if you can find iMessage Logs, somewhere you should see if a Security Token was granted or denied.
Of course I am going way, way back to the early introduced iMessage days when iMessage setup was more problematic. Things may have changed slightly with Monterey, Ventura and now Sonoma.

On all my Builds as soon as I put my Apple ID into the machine, all Apple Services are available automatically.
What you are experiencing, I really thought was a thing of the past.
I don't know if this is wise to suggest but if you own a real Mac and it is registered to you, copy the data to your Hack i.e S/N, SmUUID, ROM and MLB and see if the machine is accepted DO NOT HAVE BOTH LOGGED IN AT THE SAME TIME.

In essence, you would be cloning the machine (which is not a good idea) hence the reason I said to do this only if the genuine Mac is owned by you. It is not a long term fix, this is just to see if the Hack is prohibited on Apple Services with it's own generated credentials.

I looked on logs in console and I will paste here some lines, that might be relevant to this:

Code:
BEGIN [436]: AuthenticateWithContext  AuthenticationType=__##__signpost.telemetry#____#number1#_##_#2##__##  ProxiedBundleID=__##__signpost.telemetry#____#string1#_##_###__##  enableTelemetry=YES

Context ID <private> has already been registered for authentication!

Error authenticating: Error Domain=AKAuthenticationError Code=-7086

Attempting to perform block in persona: (null)
No persona ID on account proceeding without setting context.

"No plugin provides credentials for account <private>. Falling back to legacy behavior."

[com.apple.MobileSMS:C522DE0F-B063-4D03-B90B-7D45F57DF2C7] Error when getting current app configuration for action identifier <private>, error='Error Domain=DNDErrorDomain Code=1007 "No current action is available. Supply the caller with the default." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=No current action is available. Supply the caller with the default.}'

Couldn't read values in CFPrefsPlistSource<0x7f872941af60> (Domain: com.apple.CloudKit, User: kCFPreferencesCurrentUser, ByHost: No, Container: (null), Contents Need Refresh: Yes): accessing these preferences requires user-preference-read or file-read-data sandbox access

CoreData: Unable to create token NSXPCConnection.  NSXPCStoreServerEndpointFactory 0x7f8f6f32c230 -newEndpoint returned nil

Ok, I tried to use SN, SMUUID, ROM and MLB of my genuine macbook air (while using iMac19,1 as SystemProductName) but it does not work.
I think that there is some HW misconfiguration or something not related with SN/MLB/ROM because Iam quite sure I make the smbios setup correct.

Note: I am part of iCloud family sharing (not admin). Could be some problem here?

Last edited:
Note: I am part of iCloud family sharing (not admin). Could be some problem here?
Sorry man, I am completely stumped. Data format and entries all ok.
Ethernet=en0, Wi-Fi=en1 which is correct so I don't understand what is going on with your machine.

Back