Contribute
Register
As per my previous post. I have created a new SN and all the other numbers and still get a failed ROM and MLB in iMessageDebug. Do I need to do a clean install to fix this?

GA Z170N-WiFi
i5 6400
16 gig ram
GTX 670

I'm pretty sure if I can get iMessageDebug to display values for those two I should be okay. With the new SN and I am able to use FaceTime but not iMessage. I thought they were tied together.

I decommissioned the existing computer from iCloud.
Emptied the caches and other preferences as per instructions.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Using this guide I was able to setup a fresh build (Old 2011 CustoMac Mini)

One point I had to work out on my own was the SN generation. Using generators really felt like a dead end and I was having to wait to look-up on Apple's website due to the brute force protection. Finally, I just gave up and searched for a SN that matched the model type and shifted some bits around in accordance with the provided lists (Last four bits) and I was able to stumble upon an unregistered Mac! After that, I made sure my generated UUID was set correctly in Clover (didn't want to take any chances. I honestly didn't really understand what was valid vs invalid) and rebooted. I logged into iCloud without issues, and then I tried Messages. I was able to login but I could not send any messages; I kept getting an error "___ is not registered with iMessage". Whoops! After a brief Google I realized I had incorrectly set the MLB. Because Clover was using it's generated serial as the base calculator when I had actually replaced it manually, the MLB it generated was based off of the old serial. I logged out of iMessage. After correcting the MLB to reflect the valid S/N and rebooting iMessage was working flawlessly.

EDIT

Two seconds of googling and i found my answer (facepalm)

THIS WORKED FOR ME AS OF DEC 8, 2016.

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/2wohwn/getting_imessage_working_on_10102_generating/

Last edited:
I've been trying to get iMessage and FaceTime to work for a long time but it keeps throwing a customer code and prompts me to call Apple support to resolve the issue. I've thoroughly read and followed both this tutorial and the idiot's guide with no luck at all. I've also tried signing in both with a newly created Apple ID and with my old one (couple of years old, used to have a credit card connected too) and still got the customer code thing.

Calling Apple didn't help either. They did something on their end and I was able to log in successfully for a couple of seconds, before being disconnected again; they insisted that it probably was my S/N to blame and so I ended the call without solving the problem.

So my question is, what else could I do to make it work? Right now I've generated a completely new set of values, deleted any old iMessage/FT configuration files, my login keychain has been already reset and I've also run first aid on the disk to repair permissions. I've removed my old configuration from the devices section of my iCloud account, changed my account's password and I'll probably turn two factor authentication off and then on again too. As I don't have a static (public) IP address, I made sure that I'm using a new one now, just in case Apple logs anything against it. I won't login into anything iCloud related for a week or so just to see if anything's changed-- that's the plan for now. And then I'll probably call Apple again.

Anything that I've missed? Thanks a lot!

I just noticed that Apple updated their self solve verification site today. I entered my serial number generated by clover configurator (which returned as invalid when I created it) and now I can enter the serial number and it shows me everything (like telephone support and valid purchase date). Anyone else who could check that?

I just noticed that Apple updated their self solve verification site today. I entered my serial number generated by clover configurator (which returned as invalid when I created it) and now I can enter the serial number and it shows me everything (like telephone support and valid purchase date). Anyone else who could check that?
That just means that you have generated the serial number of a Mac that is already registered with Apple - Do not use it.

That just means that you have generated the serial number of a Mac that is already registered with Apple - Do not use it.
But it was not registered on the apple servers until today when they updated their servers. My serial number was invalid when I generated it and entered it 1 month ago.

But it was not registered on the apple servers until today when they updated their servers. My serial number was invalid when I generated it and entered it 1 month ago.

Mine was invalid like 4-5 days ago when I generated and checked it; now it's not. Strange.

How do you know they updated it? I have kept a backup of all the S/N-MLB combos I've tried until now (they were *all* unregistered on Apple's servers), so I'll check them now and see.

Edit: all invalid. False alarm, I guess. I must have typed something wrong the first time I checked maybe.

Edit #2: generated another completely new set of values- this time S/N shows as invalid. I'm still gonna wait for a week or so before signing into iCloud with my Apple ID. Getting iMessage/FT to work is starting to get very frustrating.

Last edited:
Mine was invalid like 4-5 days ago when I generated and checked it; now it's not. Strange.

How do you know they updated it? I have kept a backup of all the S/N-MLB combos I've tried until now (they were *all* unregistered on Apple's servers), so I'll check them now and see.

Edit: all invalid. False alarm, I guess. I must have typed something wrong the first time I checked maybe.

Edit #2: generated another completely new set of values- this time S/N shows as invalid. I'm still gonna wait for a week or so before signing into iCloud with my Apple ID. Getting iMessage/FT to work is starting to get very frustrating.
I checked my serial again, it's still valid. Weird.

I entered my serial number each week, it was always invalid. Today I wanted to check again, and the page told me that there is a maintenance and that I should come back later. I came back later, entered my serial and it was valid.

I checked my serial again, it's still valid. Weird.

I entered my serial number each week, it was always invalid. Today I wanted to check again, and the page told me that there is a maintenance and that I should come back later. I came back later, entered my serial and it was valid.

I don't know really. Does it seem like a newly activated machine? Maybe your S/N happened to match this of an actual Apple computer that was activated sometime during last week. I mean, that's the only reasonable explanation I can come up with.

Back