Contribute
Register
I went through the process of 3.3 three more times now. Offline, with longer waiting periods before connecting back to the internet etc. Unfortunately, I seem to be unlucky. :( It still does not work correctly. I even see the animated dots (…) when someone is writing me. This is so super strange. I observed the Console for suspicious entries but could not find anything. Maybe I have to give up.

That is indeed strange - As a matter of interest did you run iMsg DeBugger just to see if there are any thing abnormal about the injected values. Sometimes this character '=' (without the quotes) will add it self at the end of the MLB value which will cause a problem in iMsg/F-Time. One more thing, did you get the 5 digit code from Apple to enable 'Text Forwarding' between your devices? Don't give up just yet, by all accounts it seems you're abled to logon to the iMsg Servers but messages are not syncing between the devices.

PS
Just had another idea what could cause the sync problem - go to this site - http://www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/ and ensure that your rig is definitely recognised as an iMac model or a Mac Pro Mac Book etc etc and not an unknown device, it must be definitive. If the Apple Servers don't recognise the device this problem will happen.

Last edited:
I double checked the values with iMessageDebugv2 and they seem to be fine. No weird characters or the like. Also they stay consistent throughout restarts.

When I check my serial on everymac.com, it says:
This serial number is for a 27-Inch iMac (Retina 5K, Late 2015). Does yours have a 3.2 GHz Core i5, 3.3 GHz Core i5, or 4.0 GHz Core i7 processor? Please share. Thank you.

And yes, I saw the code when enabling "Text Forwarding" from my iPhone to the Hackintosh.

Thanks for your help!

I double checked the values with iMessageDebugv2 and they seem to be fine. No weird characters or the like. Also they stay consistent throughout restarts.

When I check my serial on everymac.com, it says:

And yes, I saw the code when enabling "Text Forwarding" from my iPhone to the Hackintosh.

Thanks for your help!

Ok - lets try at the other end of things since you got the code to text forward, this is if you haven't tried already. On your phone 'Settings' -> Messages -> 'Text Messages Forwarding' - turn the slider to off, do a hard reset to the phone by pressing both together the phone's 'Off Button' and the 'Wake Button' (the one at the bottom of the screen) until you see the Apple logo on the screen, wait a few minutes or so then turn the phone on. Go back into the phone's 'Settings' -> 'Messages' -> 'Text Messages Forwarding' and activate the slider again. Ensure this procedure is done whilst you're logged into iMsg/F-Time on your Hack, you will again get the coupling Code from Apple - see if this cures the sync problem. Good luck.

I followed your advice but still no luck.

What I see now in the Console is:
10.09.16 12:51:08.509 apsd[76]: MessageTracer: load_domain_prefix_whitelist:120: Missing default whitelist file: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CrashReporterSupport.framework/Resources/SubmitDiagInfo.default.domains

The strange thing is, the file does exist.

I also see a lot of these (I removed the actual phone number from the snippet):
10.09.16 12:51:08.729 identityservicesd[256]: [Warning] Warning, missing tel:+*********** in (null)

I followed your advice but still no luck.

What I see now in the Console is:

The strange thing is, the file does exist.

I also see a lot of these (I removed the actual phone number from the snippet):

Ok your iMsg settings should look something like my example, one telephone number and one e-mail address, the reason I am saying this Ive seen some examples posted with multiple e-mail addresses inserted which of course confused the system.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 17.46.25.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 17.46.25.png
    176.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 17.57.07.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 17.57.07.png
    587.8 KB · Views: 135
No worries - you're welcome, at least you are abled to logon to the iMsg/F-Time Services which gives me hope that you'll be sorted pretty soon. Some members can't even reach the stage you're at specially with a newly configured Hack without it throwing up the Customer Code, so you're on the right track. Good luck.

@ amadeusp81 - As I said don't get frustrated and change anything, your settings are ok - here is a little exercise you can do by way of kick starting the sync. Send messages to your self either from the Hack or from your phone, the messages should be in the colour blue when you type, the message icon should also appear in the far left end of the Task Bar and whatever you send should appear on both devices. Alternate the exercise between the two devices and note the results. Good luck.

Back