Contribute
Register
Your S/N is not formulated correctly that's the reason it's not showing an emulation to a real Mac model on the Apple Servers.
I have generated from "clover configurator" as this guide.

C02XXXXXFGYY That's the format

Attachments

• SL.png
    SL.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 170
It seems like the current procedure for checking serial numbers has changed from what is written in the guide, including the change of the apple serial number check url from:
https://selfsolve.apple.com/
to
https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

and the suggestion (from An iDiot's Guide To iMessage ) to use the everymac url tool below to validate, and THEN check for existing serial registration with Apple.

http://www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/

Furthermore, it seems like the current ideal response from Apple (according to iDiot's Guide) is "We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again" - which is not how the current chapter 4.1 is written. Since this is all confusing as hell, could you possibly update it to reflect the current reality? This guide is such an amazing resource, but these small inconsistencies degrade the credibility and are cause undue frustration.

Many thanks for all the work in putting this together!

My iMessage works perfectly but i don't know how to sync the conversations that i've done on my iPhone on the hackintosh if anyone knows how to do that....

Odd.

I can sign into iMessage and FaceTime with my Apple ID and my wife's Apple ID. But if I try any of my kids Apple ID's, I get the contact customer support message. I can use my kid's Apple ID's on my real MacBook Pro, just not the hackintoshes.

I did call customer support one time and the representative was unable to resolve the issue.

Does this make sense?

I called customer support again - still no luck. It sounded like they entered my code several times with no luck. They even screen shared with me to see what I was seeing and had me open up "About This Mac" and "System Report". They found it odd that my SN wouldn't show in their system, but still tried to enter the customer code.

I can use my Apple ID, my wife's Apple ID... iMessage / FaceTime works.

Any of my kids Apple ID's... Nope

I even attached a credit card to one of the kid's Apple ID and that didn't help.

I told them the "Mac Pro" was bought from a business that was upgrading. Customer support told me to take the Mac into a Authorized Repair Center and have it "re-serialized". That was their solution. Not doing that.

My iMessage works perfectly but i don't know how to sync the conversations that i've done on my iPhone on the hackintosh if anyone knows how to do that....

Did you get the 5 digit code to sync your iPhone with your Hack? also you need to set up 'Continuity' between both devices. Make sure you tick this box in 'System Preferences' like the example in the pic. When all this is done and you're still have a problem, the final tip is to sign out of iCloud on your hack and then sign back in again to kick start the sync process - Hope this helps. Good luck.Screen Shot 2016-08-13 at 09.25.15.png

I called customer support again - still no luck. It sounded like they entered my code several times with no luck. They even screen shared with me to see what I was seeing and had me open up "About This Mac" and "System Report". They found it odd that my SN wouldn't show in their system, but still tried to enter the customer code.

I can use my Apple ID, my wife's Apple ID... iMessage / FaceTime works.

Any of my kids Apple ID's... Nope

I even attached a credit card to one of the kid's Apple ID and that didn't help.

I told them the "Mac Pro" was bought from a business that was upgrading. Customer support told me to take the Mac into a Authorized Repair Center and have it "re-serialized". That was their solution. Not doing that.

I can only surmise given the security changes, Apple takes into consideration the machine being an actual Apple device - the Servers can depict a genuine mac from a hack and issue Security Certificates or Tokens based on these, also the age of the person logging in i.e financial details attached to the Apple ID. Remember sometime ago all the hooha where kids were unknowingly running up huge bills with the 'In App Purchase' feature with some games, well Apple had to implement some changes there. The 'Security Tokens' could well be limited on who and/or how many ID's are allowed on our hacks, like you my wife can logon without any problems on my hacks but I have never tested any other ID logins on them as my foible is, asking me to use my machines is like asking to sleep with my wife :lol:.

Last edited:
It seems like the current procedure for checking serial numbers has changed from what is written in the guide, including the change of the apple serial number check url from:
https://selfsolve.apple.com/
to
https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

and the suggestion (from An iDiot's Guide To iMessage ) to use the everymac url tool below to validate, and THEN check for existing serial registration with Apple.

http://www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/

Furthermore, it seems like the current ideal response from Apple (according to iDiot's Guide) is "We're sorry, but this serial number is not valid. Please check your information and try again" - which is not how the current chapter 4.1 is written. Since this is all confusing as hell, could you possibly update it to reflect the current reality? This guide is such an amazing resource, but these small inconsistencies degrade the credibility and are cause undue frustration.

Many thanks for all the work in putting this together!

Admin Jay usually makes and amends the changes to the Guide and the old hands such as my self does and can easily circumvent any changes contradictory in the Guide so I agree some editing needs to be done to avoid confusion to new members. 'The Idiot's Guide' is a good starting point for the newbies but the 'Fix iMessage' guide is still a valuable wealth of tech info to actually know full understanding of the process.

Last edited:
ok so i've been following this guide and the idiot's guide for quite some time now to getting imessage to work. i got up to the stage of calling customer service yesterday to authenticate my computer. the rep was trying to get me to give her remote access so she can go into my computer but i put a stop to that. she put me on hold a few minutes and finally came back and said she enabled my computer to access imessage and i should be good to go. here's where my problem lies... i went to log in and i got the same customer code notification. i made sure the code is consistent after a few reboots and it was. i went to log into my apple id account and saw 2 different imacs registered. one with a previous serial i used and one with the current serial that passed all checks. i deleted the old imac from my account, signed out, and signed back in... and it popped up again. i deleted BOTH imacs to see if the new one was causing an error. logged out and in again and they BOTH pop up together as if apple is seeing my computer as 2 units. how is this possible? i made sure all my serials are consistent and double checked using imessage debug. everything is all kosher. is there somewhere else that is providing apple with that old serial? btw, im using clover to inject all my serials. is apple logging/linking my MAC address to the serial numbers i have been using? i havent called them back because i dont want this to come to their attention unless needed. any ideas would be much appreciated.

Staff activated the Facetime and iMessage contacting support the apple ... but when I try to activate iMessage get no activation Face Time ... how to solve this problem ...?

Back