Contribute
Register
iMessage and FaceTime Ranked as Most Secure Mass-Market Messaging Options
http://www.macrumors.com/2014/11/05/imessage-facetime-most-secure-messaging-options/

The Electronic Frontier Foundation or EFF, a non-profit digital rights group, has investigated the security of various messaging apps and created a new Secure Messaging Scorecard, ranking messaging apps and tools like iMessage, FaceTime, BlackBerry Messenger, Skype, Snapchat, and more, based on seven different factors:

- Is a message encrypted in transit?
- Is it encrypted so the provider is unable to read it?
- Can you verify contacts' identities?
- Are past communications secure if keys are stolen?
- Is the code open to independent review?
- Is security design properly documented?
- Has the code been audited?

Apple's iMessage scored five out of seven checkmarks...

Can I contact Apple on a chat or something? Or do I HAVE TO call them?

Don't worry. I've called them a couple of times regarding iMessage. They were polite and asked only relevant questions e.g. my apple id/e-mail and serial number of the mac.
After that they released the block and iMessage works fine.

I just sorted my issue : "An error occurred during activation. Try again".

Or, is there any risk calling them again with another client code ?

Thanks.

Should not be a problem. I have several machines and several apple id's. Called them several times regarding iMessage.

i installed mavericks with clove and i did every thing accourding to your awosome guide but unfortunetly when i try to see my syste-id in IOJones, i efi/platform i didn't see my system-id, ...

Got the same problem when using Clover configurator. After reading the instructions several times carefully the solution for me was to leave Custom UUID empty in System Parameters and tick Inject System ID. This way I got proper System-ID.

Try looking again carefully, it will be there i assure you - if it wasn't OSX would not work.

Make sure you set the drop down selection in top left corner to IODeviceTree and check under /EFI/Platform it depends on the system but it should be about 1/5th of the way down the list on the right.

Cheers
Jay

hi Jay!

many many thanks for your reply:) after looking very carefully i saw it in IOJoins:p:p, that was my silly mistake, now i solved my main problem which was created with my wi-fi usb adapter and now i am able to get customer support to unlock imessage:D but they have some issue on their support in India, i was maid a call to support but in this time they are unable to contact with me but may next morning i will get that support

hope to see...... my imessage will work tomorrow:crazy::crazy:

once again, many many thanks for your support

Hey Jay,

I have one hackintosh activated by apple now.

Can I clone SN, ROM, MLB, and UUID values to get it working on a laptop where I get "call apple message" ?

Is it ok to do this ?

Thanks !

How can I contact apple on the web? Im on their website right now but I can't find a way to contact them on a web chat or anything like that. All I can find is phone support.

Just call them, they won't bite. They only ask for serial number and you apple id, NOT your name, age, social security number etc.

OK I'm getting closer, I think

Loaded plist in clover
entered SMUUID and serial number on SMBIOS tab
went to rt variables tab and hit the calculate button
All values returned are identical to the ones in iMessage debug except hardware uuid in clover ( ioplattformuuid in debug?)

can/does this value need to be edited?

You don't need to edit HardwareUUID, it just needs to stay constant between multiple reboots.

Test and connect to iMessage if everything checks out.

I did that and launched iMessage... I was able to choose how I want to be reached, then to the main app window. All the messages are red and I saw that iMessage was inactive. I went to preferences, re-entered my password and now I get the following msg: Could not sign in to iMessage. An error occured during activation. Try again.

So back to square one I guess :(

Oh well.. That iMessage stuff drives me nuts.
About one month ago I received the message to call Apple. imessage_debug told me that my ROM value was all zeros again, so I (re)entered my Ethernet MAC, observed that both my ROM value and the iMessage support code stayed the same during multiple reboots, called Apple and everything was fine.

Until today: Again I've received that Apple support message. According to imessage_debug my ROM and MLB values are still valid (the same as before) and even the support code is the same as one month ago. Of course I could again call Apple to lift the lock, but I don't want to repeat that every 4 weeks, so does anyone have an idea what else I could look at?

In the medium term I will throw out my Fusion Drive and change to a big SSD, and doing that I'll also switch over to Clover, but for now that's too much work, so I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance! :)

Back