Contribute
Register

How to enable QE/CI? 5770/6770 or any ATI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ale624 said:
gharebsalem said:
must be flashed your card too ATI 5770 by RBE well be work perfctly
hey there, i am having the same problem. but my card is a gigabyte 6670. i have flashed it to ATI 5770 and osx STILL dose not recognise it... any help? :?

ive been through 3 graphics cars now and i STILL have not been able to get any of them fully working! :(
write in info playlist for kext ati 5000 id device 100268be

shibirian,

May I ask why you warn against flashing the bios. I got my gigabyte 6770 to work this way after trying everything else I read on this blog. It identifies as "ATI Radeon HD 5700/6700 Series 102" but it loads vervet and qe/ci work. What probs have I caused myself by doing this and do you know of any other way to get this card working?

Thanks

Well... after some work a friend give me a Sapphire 6770 vaporx flashed like a 5770 and even the installer when 1920x1080 and in the first boot went fully functional with qe/ci.

We flashed one and put both in the same, booted fully functional both with the two DVI ports working via a VGA adapter. Four monitors out of the box. When we installed a displayport>VGA adapter that monitor didnt wake up and the others display went very laggy. Will try to read about this later. HDMI not tested.

shibirian, thanks a lot for your help, i really appreciate it.

demmaone said:
Well... after some work a friend give me a Sapphire 6770 vaporx flashed like a 5770 and even the installer when 1920x1080 and in the first boot went fully functional with qe/ci.

We flashed one and put both in the same, booted fully functional both with the two DVI ports working via a VGA adapter. Four monitors out of the box. When we installed a displayport>VGA adapter that monitor didnt wake up and the others display went very laggy. Will try to read about this later. HDMI not tested.

shibirian, thanks a lot for your help, i really appreciate it.
Wow, you've been lucky. Flashing a card with another models bios can very well render your whole card pretty much unusuable. Glad to hear that it worked out for you. Still, I cannot recommend doing so...for pretty much everyone else, of course.

Best to buy hardware that works OOB, like a real Sapphire 5770, used or new. Less troubles, full power, more lifetime saved.

Totally agree with you shibirian, I was very worried about this whole flashing thing but here. I live in South America so its extremely difficult to find a 6770 these days and a 5770 is nearly impossible. Its has been just coincidence.

Thanks again for your useful help, hope someday the 6770 can be fully functional in uor hacks.

Cheers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back