Contribute
Register

How to enable 5.1-channel analogue audio in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
enabling the 5.1 device works for me, but I don't get anything from rear and c/sub. just front is working.
i checked it under win and there it is working, so no hardware defect. I have a GA Z77-DS3H (ALC 887) running ML.

Article: How to enable 5.1-channel analogue audio in OS X

enabling the 5.1 device works for me, but I don't get anything from rear and c/sub. just front is working.
i checked it under win and there it is working, so no hardware defect. I have a GA Z77-DS3H (ALC 887) running ML.

Same problem as above with same card.

I only get stereo.

When I do the setup I can only hear left and right test sound, the others are soundless, when I try VLC I only hear left and right speakers, sounds real weird since I hear background sounds and explosions etc but no voices, I see people speaking, but i hear voices, I don't hear any voices since center speaker is not activated.

Are you guys actually playing back content with 5.1-channel audio?
There's no encoder, so if it's only stereo sound, all you'll get is stereo sound.

you can test channels in audio midi setup (first picture) by clicking on the channel. only front gives a signal.
wrong kext possible?

if this doesn't work for any one there is a simple trick just put one of your cable into the Aux-in & wallah 5.1 will work like a charm there's no need of doing any thing else & moreover stereo sound will also output like surround just like in Windows

you can test channels in audio midi setup (first picture) by clicking on the channel. only front gives a signal.
wrong kext possible?

Yes, if you don't get audio there, then you've done something wrong.

if this doesn't work for any one there is a simple trick just put one of your cable into the Aux-in & wallah 5.1 will work like a charm there's no need of doing any thing else & moreover stereo sound will also output like surround just like in Windows

Huh? Aux in? I think you've mixed up a lot of things here my friend... :crazy:

What about 7.1 channel audio?

Well, if you have a pair of additional outputs... you can just add them, but most motherboards don't give you more than three sets of outputs in OS X.

Do you know of any 7.1 sound cards which work with hackintosh and windows for dual booting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back