Contribute
Register

How to Disable NVIDIA to reduce heat and extend battery life (Yosemite on Toshiba P850)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which bootloader are you using. The problem is the SSDT with _OFF is not provided in a way that the bootloader will inject it.

Maybe it should be called from org.chameleon.Boot.plist same as we can do with DSDT !

I'm using chimera 4.0.1 that was installed by Multibeast Yosemite edition. and here is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist attached
View attachment org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Edit: RehabMan :D i found the problem as you said its not being loaded so tried one thing and it worked
i just renamed the SSDTs
instead SSDT.aml, SSDT-0.aml, SSDT-1.aml
i made SSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml

Now its working
Battery life increased from 1:10 to 2:50 and if idle to 3:40
CPU idle Temp decreased from 48-50 till 45-47 good but still in windows its 38-40!!!

but i realised now that you expected that i'm placing them other then EXTRA folder,(because i know their is a case boot loader will accept the name *-0.aml)

is their anything i should change? or this is good
and is there any way to optimise the CPU temp more or this is the best?

Thank you for help

I still have one thing that audio after sleep is not working,
shall i open new thread for it or post in any thread that someone opened regarding same issue ?

Maybe it should be called from org.chameleon.Boot.plist same as we can do with DSDT !

I'm using chimera 4.0.1 that was installed by Multibeast Yosemite edition. and here is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist attached
View attachment 116009

Edit: RehabMan :D i found the problem as you said its not being loaded so tried one thing and it worked
i just renamed the SSDTs
instead SSDT.aml, SSDT-0.aml, SSDT-1.aml
i made SSDT.aml, SSDT-1.aml, SSDT-2.aml

Now its working
Battery life increased from 1:10 to 2:50 and if idle to 3:40
CPU idle Temp decreased from 48-50 till 45-47 good but still in windows its 38-40!!!

but i realised now that you expected that i'm placing them other then EXTRA folder,(because i know their is a case boot loader will accept the name *-0.aml)

I thought you were using Clover (Clover accepts SSDT-0.aml, Chameleon does not).

is their anything i should change? or this is good
and is there any way to optimise the CPU temp more or this is the best?

Let's check your power management setup...

Download patchmatic: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-MaciASL-patchmatic.
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

I still have one thing that audio after sleep is not working,
shall i open new thread for it or post in any thread that someone opened regarding same issue ?

Check if your audio codec has EAPD. You will need an audio codec dump from Linux.

Let's check your power management setup...

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]kextstat|grep -y acpiplat[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   13    2 0xffffff7f8228b000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]   22    0 0xffffff7f81f2e000 0x2b000    0x2b000    com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (216.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   30    0 0xffffff7f81f29000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>
[/FONT]

View attachment Adham’s MacBook Pro.ioreg.zip

View attachment RehabMan.zip

Check if your audio codec has EAPD. You will need an audio codec dump from Linux.

how to know if my codec has EAPD and if so how to get the audio codec dump from Linux.

is it this one :
View attachment codec_dump.txt

or i need to do more on linux?

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]kextstat|grep -y acpiplat[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   13    2 0xffffff7f8228b000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]   22    0 0xffffff7f81f2e000 0x2b000    0x2b000    com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (216.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]   30    0 0xffffff7f81f29000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (218.0.0) <7 6 5 4 3 1>
[/FONT]

View attachment 116032

View attachment 116033

PM looks good. Difference in temperature could be caused by background processes you have going (especially if you have lots of files for spotlight to index). Could depend too on 3rd party software you may have installed. Check Activity Monitor.

how to know if my codec has EAPD and if so how to get the audio codec dump from Linux.

is it this one :
View attachment 116034

or i need to do more on linux?

You can see that you have EAPD easily (search the text file you just uploaded for 'EAPD').

https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander

PM looks good. Difference in temperature could be caused by background processes you have going (especially if you have lots of files for spotlight to index). Could depend too on 3rd party software you may have installed. Check Activity Monitor.
Yeah no problem with that just i wanna make sure PM still fine

You can see that you have EAPD easily (search the text file you just uploaded for 'EAPD').

Yeah actually i did but didn't make sure that this is enough.
so i will check this link now and ask you if any issue.
Thank You :)

If I'm correct i read the Readme file and i think i should add the codecCommander.xext that i downloaded to my Extensions Library and edit some values in its .plist according to the output of :
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]Adhams-MacBook-Pro:~ eDey$ ioreg | grep EngineOutput
[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]    | |   |   |         +-o AppleHDAEngineOutput@1B,0,1,1  <class AppleHDAEngineOutput, id 0x100000360, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (5 ms), retain 35>[/FONT]

which i believe its same as the one already exist.

and should keep this enabled :
Code:
<key>Update Interval</key>
<integer>5000</integer>
<key>Check Infinitely</key>
<true/>

So just I add this kext?

If I'm correct i read the Readme file and i think i should add the codecCommander.xext that i downloaded to my Extensions Library and edit some values in its .plist according to the output of :
Code:
[FONT=Menlo]Adhams-MacBook-Pro:~ eDey$ ioreg | grep EngineOutput
[/FONT][FONT=Menlo]    | |   |   |         +-o AppleHDAEngineOutput@1B,0,1,1  <class AppleHDAEngineOutput, id 0x100000360, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (5 ms), retain 35>[/FONT]

which i believe its same as the one already exist.

and should keep this enabled :
Code:
<key>Update Interval</key>
<integer>5000</integer>
<key>Check Infinitely</key>
<true/>

So just I add this kext?

It is unlikely you'll need to change the Info.plist.

It is unlikely you'll need to change the Info.plist.

sorry for my poor english,
i understand that it's mandatory to change the info.plist (if not mistaken the one inside this kext package)

but didn't find any help in that readme file what exactly to change since as i posted above thing that are required are similar to the ones in the info.plist file (HDEF Device location:1B;Codec Address number:0)

i can't go further yet and still too much confused what should i do
i saw 2 place written same thing
what to do now :(

i understand that it's mandatory to change the info.plist (if not mistaken the one inside this kext package)

No. You can probably use it as-is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back