Contribute
Register

How to disable Metal on Nvidia WebDriver ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Nvidia webdriver has a Metal issue that make iBook and Instruments application useless.
It's make iBook and Instruments application transparent.
Is there any way to disable metal?
I try to remove this two key in GeForceWeb.kext but not helped:
Code:
<key>MetalPluginClassName</key>
<string></string>
<key>MetalPluginName</key>
<string></string>

It's not a metal specific issue; due to a code signing option Instruments and iBooks cannot use the Nvidia web drivers for any rendering, metal or OpenGL.

The only hope you have of getting functional iBooks/Instruments is to have a hardware renderer CoreImage/Animation can fall back to; in my case I setup my integrated intel graphics with the proper platform id and inject settings in clover. Once that's done the system will use that as the CoreImage renderer and iBooks/Instruments will be useful again. You don't need to connect a display to the IGP, it just needs to be available as an offline renderer.

It works on my haswell hd4600, some other people seem to be having more difficulty so you may need to experiment a bit. In my case the key thing is that the IGP shows up properly in the system profiler under Graphics.

It's not a metal specific issue; due to a code signing option Instruments and iBooks cannot use the Nvidia web drivers for any rendering, metal or OpenGL.

The only hope you have of getting functional iBooks/Instruments is to have a hardware renderer CoreImage/Animation can fall back to; in my case I setup my integrated intel graphics with the proper platform id and inject settings in clover. Once that's done the system will use that as the CoreImage renderer and iBooks/Instruments will be useful again. You don't need to connect a display to the IGP, it just needs to be available as an offline renderer.

It works on my haswell hd4600, some other people seem to be having more difficulty so you may need to experiment a bit. In my case the key thing is that the IGP shows up properly in the system profiler under Graphics.
Hmmm, that's a lot of work!
Seems like I have to learn a lot of things.

Thanks for your tips.
If there are any tutorial or forum lrt me now plz...

Is it Sierra specific?

The only hope you have of getting functional iBooks/Instruments is to have a hardware renderer CoreImage/Animation can fall back to; in my case I setup my integrated intel graphics with the proper platform id and inject settings in clover.

How did you configure clover for 2 graphic cards, because in my case, if I leave in the clover config both videocards (gtx 970 AND Intel HD4000) it can't boot, it will panic and reboot during boot.

System will boot either with one video card OR the other, not both in the same time...So I can see iBooks and Instruments on HD4000 but not on GTX.

Is there a setting in Clover to default a specific videocard if there are 2 in the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back