Contribute
Register

How To: Build your own "Real" Airport Card

shremi said:
Thanks for the amazing guide.

I just received the parts and i am very happy with the results.

Specially when it works OOB and recognized as an airport.

How can i test my MB/s??? so we can compare results. Cant really relay on my ISP since in my country the service is really slow.

Just throw some files over to one of your other machines on the network and check network stats.

see attached, (this is over my Gigabit wired system so it is considerably faster than even "N" wireless)

r.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-05-11 at 10.45.59 AM.png
    Screen shot 2010-05-11 at 10.45.59 AM.png
    345.6 KB · Views: 477
rabbit74 said:
shremi said:
Thanks for the amazing guide.

I just received the parts and i am very happy with the results.

Specially when it works OOB and recognized as an airport.

How can i test my MB/s??? so we can compare results. Cant really relay on my ISP since in my country the service is really slow.

Just throw some files over to one of your other machines on the network and check network stats.

see attached, (this is over my Gigabit wired system so it is considerably faster than even "N" wireless)

r.

Well here are my results i really feel bad now that i am comparing it to yours. :banghead:

I got to get me a new router and some SSD also.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2010-05-11 a las 18.13.08.png
    Captura de pantalla 2010-05-11 a las 18.13.08.png
    701.4 KB · Views: 489
I am getting 12 MB/sec at night for ethernet from my ISP on the airport card for downloads(limited by ISP).

One computer on my network is wireless N and the other is G but this is what I am getting for speeds.

Computer to computer seems much slower ~ 1MB/sec unfortunately, not sure if that is the wireless G on the other computer. Wired is definitely faster.

Picked up the mini pci-e adapter and an Apple BCM94322MC. When the parts arrive from China and I build this baby I'll let you guys know how it runs.

great tutorials!

anyone using the BCM94322MC with success? i'd to use that one if it works as well as the older one.

omg. finally. my mini pci-e adapter took forever to come from china. almost a month.
but it is here and now i can stop using my macbook pro as a wireless adapter :headbang:

great tutorial. i thought i could be sly and use some custom laptop antenna mounted inside the front case but could never get a good signal with that approach.

$22.50 for the card shipped from a US seller. broadcom 94321 from apple 2006
$15 for the adapter shipped from china. couldn't find a US seller.

$37.50 for OOB install and use. worth it. i pity the poor fools that are trying to install weird drivers and running in 32 bit and all that other KP type crap.

s0ldats said:
great tutorials!

anyone using the BCM94322MC with success? i'd to use that one if it works as well as the older one.

I installed mine with the BCM94322MC card 2 days ago and it is running flawless on Mac and Windows 7.

On Windows 7 it worked without installing any drivers.

matix said:
After weeks of sharing my macbooks ethernet connection to my P55M-UD4 while waiting for parts, I have finally made my own airport card using relatively cheap parts from ebay. It's a no-compromise solution and I hope it helps anyone looking for affordable (<$50) and zero-configuration setup.

How To: Build your own "Real" Airport Card for your hackintosh

Great guide! Does it matter if it is the 2008 instead of a 2006 type of card?

Tom

tinkerC said:
matix said:
After weeks of sharing my macbooks ethernet connection to my P55M-UD4 while waiting for parts, I have finally made my own airport card using relatively cheap parts from ebay. It's a no-compromise solution and I hope it helps anyone looking for affordable (<$50) and zero-configuration setup.

Tom

Nope, doesn't matter. :)

flatfoot said:
tinkerC said:
matix said:

Tom

Nope, doesn't matter. :)

Thanks!

Tom

Back