Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to create an ssdt that fakes device id 67C0 (Some other WX 7100 device id) instead of 67C4 (Retail WX 7100 device id). I'll PM an example when I get home. After that it works fine with whatevergreen. It's also mentioned somewhere in the beginning of the whatevergreen support topic on that other forum.
Thank you.

So, I've managed to get sleep to work now. I have SASMegaraid.kext installed & it had sleep disabled by the dev, got another version of it that had sleep enabled and it works now.

Problem is that it wakes after a period of time (maybe 30mins or a few hours) with:
2017-10-30 23:42:55.698535+0800 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHCI ETH0 (Network)

I have wake on ethernet disabled in both BIOS and Mac Energy setting

I am using all the ssdt mappings in @kgb clover, except for unused PCI and unused AppleIGB - as I only have one port connected and found that AppleIGB.kext occasionally causes kernel panic on boot. IntelMausiEthernet.kext doesn't seem to have this issue.

Any idea's why it could be waking up with reason XCHI ETH0 ?

Thanks !

Edit: One more observation, occasionally after it wakes, the xcpm isn't as clean, the freq jumps around alot, rather than sit at 1.2G when idle

Last edited:
@kgp
Would you mind sharing your KGP-ASUSPrimeX299Deluxe-USB.kext ? Maybe it solves my issue. I don't have developer tool installed at the moment and just a very bad internet connection at the moment.

@kgp
Would you mind sharing your KGP-ASUSPrimeX299Deluxe-USB.kext ? Maybe it solves my issue. I don't have developer tool installed at the moment and just a very bad internet connection at the moment.

Here you go!

Attachments

• KGP-ASUSPrimeX299Deluxe-USB.kext.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 95
I finally got everything working except Thunderbolt and WiFi (since I don't have a Broadcom card, however, I run everything on a RJ45 anyway).
Had a little problem with the Video Card installation, I had to remove both OsxAptioFixxxx.efi to enable the SIP to run the drivers, but I finally got it and it works flawlessly. I have one final question; will there be any other way to enable Thunderbolt then one described, I hate Windows and don't want to see it for the next 10 years, so can someone come up with a different way, or maybe shorter workaround of it?
Thanks for the hard work KGP.

Here some screen shots of the benchmark;

I would not know any different way for the TBEX 3 implementation than Windows :lol:

Can you please add your Skylake-X/X299 System Specs (mobo, CPU, GPU) to your profile or signature? Thanks, man :thumbup:

UPDATE: KGP-ASUSPrimeX299Deluxe-USB.kext did not solve my RAM issues. I think that means... waiting. At least for the moment.

So, I've managed to get sleep to work now. I have SASMegaraid.kext installed & it had sleep disabled by the dev, got another version of it that had sleep enabled and it works now.

Problem is that it wakes after a period of time (maybe 30mins or a few hours) with:
2017-10-30 23:42:55.698535+0800 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XHCI ETH0 (Network)

I have wake on ethernet disabled in both BIOS and Mac Energy setting

I am using all the ssdt mappings in @kgb clover, except for unused PCI and unused AppleIGB - as I only have one port connected and found that AppleIGB.kext occasionally causes kernel panic on boot. IntelMausiEthernet.kext doesn't seem to have this issue.

Any idea's why it could be waking up with reason XCHI ETH0 ?

Thanks !

Edit: One more observation, occasionally after it wakes, the xcpm isn't as clean, the freq jumps around alot, rather than sit at 1.2G when idle

I had exactly the same wake reason: XCHI ETH0

By the way, please find attached the SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext for the second Lan-port.

Attachments

• SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext.zip
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,123
Thanks for your prompt answer. I've had too much to do to work with my AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100 video card. I also have an AMD R9 285 card that should work as I have one in each of my Mac Pros. If things do not work you have told me what I need to do to fix the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

It seems that I can't send PMs..yet. Well this is kinda of offtopic for x299 but ok.

Attached is an dsl file.

You have to change the location to the corresponding pcie slot where the wx 7100 is located.

If you have enabled the rename patches for audio, then you also need to mention the renamed port. In my example that is PCI1 and the corresponding pcie switch/bridge. You can look that up by searching the card in IOReg. Compile the dsl to aml with maciasl (or the core command line iasl) and put it in clover/acpi/patched and give it a try.

Credits go to the guys in the whatevergreen support topic.

Attachments

• SSDT-GPU.dsl
    1.8 KB · Views: 196
I had exactly the same wake reason: XCHI ETH0

By the way, please find attached the SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext for the second Lan-port.

Ah thanks, so that kext doesn't have the kp like AppleIGB.kext sometimes has ?

I'm trying a few things for the sleep / wake and will report back if I find anything

Reactions: kgp
UPDATE: KGP-ASUSPrimeX299Deluxe-USB.kext did not solve my RAM issues. I think that means... waiting. At least for the moment.

Clarification:

In post #1078 you write that you only obtain RAM errors when using the Inateck 4-Port USB 3.0 PCIe Adapter and SDI Decklink...

My KGP-ASUSPrimeX299Deluxe-USB.kext only considers and implements all on-board XHC USB ports of the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe! I does not touch at all your four Inateck USB3.0 ports, which will be still natively implemented and controlled by OS X! I don't know anything about the SDI Decklink implementation. Thus your RAM errors might come pretty well from this latter PCIe Adapter. I would nearly exclude the Inateck PCIe Adapter as source of your issues.... In any case if your RAM errors really would origin from to the latter adapter, you cannot fix these errors by using my KGP-ASUSPrimeX299Deluxe-USB.kext, which exclusively considers all XHC USB ports on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe and does not touch at all your Inateck 4-Port USB 3.0 implementation !!!!!

The intent to fix Ram Errors likely induced by the Inateck 4-Port USB 3.0 PCIe Adapter with my KGP-ASUSPrimeX299Deluxe-USB.kext is therefore like taking a shower for cooking spaghettis ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back