Votes: 28 2.1%
  • 10.0 Cheetah

Votes: 233 17.3%
  • 10.9 Mavericks

Votes: 18 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had black plastic PowerBook back in the '90s, it had B/W screen and it was running Mac OS 7, but i didn't really like it back then, in my opinion Windows was superior back then, i hooked on Mac in 2005 when i got PowerBook G4 17", it ran Tiger and i've been using Mac ever since.

View attachment 44550

How Long Have You Been Using OS X?

I first came in contact with OS 9 for a Desktop Publishing project on a Cube. Then somehow I switched back to Windows XP. I think basically for versatile software reasons. After recognizing first Hackintosch Projects with Leopard on the net, I decided to test them with an own Intel based PC. And it ran great! Since I only use OSX on all my Work-Machines with Adobe, MS Office 4 Mac, Skype, FTP etc.. But sadly I have to use two extra Windows 7 machines in order to play my favorite games in coop mode with friends.

My first commercially made PC was an Apple II but I'd been using earlier computers. I worked at an Apple dealer in 1984 and bought a Mac 128k off the first pallet shipped to Canada. I still have it, and it still works. I've used every version of Mac OS, including Rhapsody, beta testing MacOS X, and now OS X, for Apple.

I've been using OSX since it began. My Apple story started when I bought a UMAX clone from my bro'. I think it was running 7.6 at the time. Back in the day you could buy Apple clones until Mr Jobs put a stop to it. I must be the only Mac user that never liked Jobs after he left me in the lurch with my UMAX (-:

Actually, I've been using Mac OS X since it was called NeXTstep 0.89. The software I wrote on that system still runs on my Mac Lion box, and not because OS X retains DOS-like cruft! These guys were geniuses that GOT IT RIGHT.

I ran Leopard/Tiger through PearPC back in the day.

Have been running OSX since Tiger 10.4.1, 10.4.5, and 10.4.8 on Sony Viao...got everything working sound, network, dvd burner, display was 1024X768...which at the time was great. Migrated to an IBM Thinkpad R51 using 10.4.8, 10.4.11 then 10.5.5...which I used for 4+ years, installed 10.5.8 near the end of the Thinkpad's use. Moved on to Dell Mini10 running Snow Leopard 10.6.3 and then purchased HP Probook and started with Lion and then on to Mountain Lion...awesome OS...stable from the begining. Now running 10.8.2. I guess this will be the last since Apple has moved to the Retina display...probably won't work on Probook! Have enjoyed the run though!!
Update 5/18/2020...Well I just thought I would have to quit running OSX..have been continuing to run on Probook 4530s...upgraded from 10.8.2 to Mavericks and used for several years. Finally upgraded to Sierra then pretty quickly to High Sierra. Upgraded to Catalina and am currently running Catalina 10.15.2 very stable...all works except SD reader. Have upgraded memory to 16gb and considering upgrading from i3 to i7 2670qm. Needless to say..I like my Probook!

Last edited:
Played around with the (Rhapsody) beta, but purchased 10.0 for my iBook G3 FireWire SE which was then running system 8...

Also played with NeXT, in College so longer than its been officially OS X.

Been involved with PearPC back in the days. That was slow!! But at that moment in time it didn't matter the installation took 6 hours :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back