Geforce 760 GTX
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey community!

At first I want to thank you guys and madames – this site is awesome and really helpful – and I hope it also will be with my actual problem / build. And I hope this is the right place for it... I wasn't that sure...

Nevertheless I bought all the components recommended at the buyer's guide:

- Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
- Intel 4790K (Devil's Canyon)
- Geforce 760 GTX (4 GB, Gigabyte)
- Ballistix 2x8 GB RAM
- (recommended) WLAN-Card
- Seagate 2 TB HDD

I assembled everything (except the second RAM), flashed the MoBo to F9 (the one supporting the core) and installed from the USB like the guide says with no problems. Then I tried several builds in Multibeast 6.3.1 regarding some Guides which can be found for the MoBo or the Graphics Card. I couldn't really find a guide for the core (I think it's simply too new?).
I changed my BIOS several times (depending on the guide) and re-installed like 15 times, but i always get Kernel Panics or I got stuck at the Apple Logo Screen after installation. Even tricks like "-v" "-x" "GraphicsEnabled=0" and all the other stuff didn't work.

Now I'm a little bit desperate because I'm sitting here with all that great hardware not being used... :confused:
I really hope this ruff descriptions can help in any way to understand and maybe help. I'd really like to write a Build if it's working... but now this seems far away ^^'

Many, many thanks in advance! And maybe sorry for the bad English... not native ;)

which kexts are responsible for your kernel panics? (If you don't know just upload a picture of the Kernel Panic booting using -v)

For your hardware I would first try only with FakeSMC, bootloader and audio. If you have problems with AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext you could use NullCPUPowermanagement.kext - but only if there's no other option because it'll disable speedster and turbo ..

Hey Nikezzz

Thanks for fast response! At the moment I'm stuck at the Apple screen so I would have to reinstall it before I could take a picture of him panicking ;)

What do you exactly mean by FakeSMC...? And should I uncklick everything else in multibeast?

Thanks so long :)

Thank you! :D
I'll try it immediately :)

Soooo, faster than expected:
I had do click "Basic Boot Options" or Multibeast would not have updated the kexts :/
I hope, that was okay...?

As far as I see this, there is no panic but he stucks at this point:
IMG_0253.jpg

I think it's perfectly the same :/
IMG_8852.jpg

hm ok - I believe it's searching for a DSDT (regarding to the Basic Boot options)

You could try 2 things:

1. one is to boot with: -v DropSSDT=No DSDT=null

2. one is to boot with: -v -x and then delete you boot.plist in /Extra and then run Multibeast with generate cpu states and verbose

The first thing led to the same picture as the times before. The second led to this:
IMG_5257.jpg
Did I mess something up?
Should I install one more time? If yes, what do you exactly mean by "generate cpu states and verbose" and is there an option not to click basic boot options?

Many thanks! I'm so happy to have someone helping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back